Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

? for those that know value in Vintage Cards. Scan Heavy!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quenepa22

Aug 21, 2008
Orlando
I met with a person today looking to get rid of some 1960, 61 & 62' Topps cards from his brothers estate. I was able to look through and snap some pictures of some of the well known names. I was primarily interested in Roberto Clemente for my PC but only found two of the allstar "floating head" cards that I already have. The guy seemed to really want to get rid of them and asked me to make an offer. I told him that I really did not have enough funds to make him an adequate offer. I told him that I would contact him if I would be able to come up with more funds to be able to make a decent offer.

My question is what would be a good offer for these cards? I have about a $1000, but I don't want to spend that much on baseball cards right now.

Any opinions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Ed

max056.jpg
max057.jpg
max058.jpg
max060.jpg
max054.jpg
max053.jpg
max051.jpg
max038.jpg
max040.jpg
max041.jpg
max045.jpg
max063.jpg
max035.jpg
max036.jpg
max034.jpg
max031.jpg
max030.jpg
max029.jpg
max022.jpg
max021.jpg
max013.jpg
max013.jpg
max011.jpg
max005.jpg

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
The 61's are very nice. The 62's that I see look to have a little more wear. The two 59 cards are in the VG range.
Are you showing all the cards there are or is that just a representative look?
DANNY

Quenepa22

Aug 21, 2008
Orlando
dano7 said:
The 61's are very nice. The 62's that I see look to have a little more wear. The two 59 cards are in the VG range.
Are you showing all the cards there are or is that just a representative look?
DANNY

Danny,

These are are all the pics of the better known ball players. Seems like whomever had these cards were trying to complete the sets as they were in numerical order in the pages. Most of what he has that is not pictured would make up the majority of "commons" for each set for the given years.

Anybody have a feel on what a good offer would be?

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I think an offer of $1000 would be good. The Mantle is miscut top to bottom, but still a nice card. You could recoup your money or start a very nice collection at that price.
DANNY

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
dont just count other cards off as commons there are different series in those sets that are worth more. high numbers tend to have amuch higher value. Id say for a grand your getting a very solid deal and as another post mentioned you could make some money or start a very nice vintage collection. if you do buy and are looking to move some of them please let me know.

Members online

Latest posts