Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What if??? Razor black autos vs. imaginary chrome blue refs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
So after watching a good chunk of Razor black autos /199 close earlier today I began yo wonder....what if? What if these guys had Bowman draft blue refractor autos /199? How different would the value be? Here are some examples of closed sales and what I think the bowman counterpart would have gone for. Is this a great opportunity to buy? Or is Razor really going to be another Tri-Star or JMI? Please share your thoughts

Brett Wallace Razor...$15.50
Bowman...$80???

Brian Matusz Razor...$15.07
Bowman...$60???

Yonder Alonzo Razor...$14.07
Bowman...$60???

Brett Lawrie Razor...$36.72
Bowman...$100???

Kyle Skipworth Razor...$16.05
Bowman...$60???

Aaron Crow Razor...$16.52
Bowman...$60

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
They are two different types of product. It would be extremely difficult to predict what they would go for if they were blue refractors but I would think those prices would be higher.....well...........because......they are Bowman Chrome!

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
blanning71 said:
They are two different types of product. It would be extremely difficult to predict what they would go for if they were blue refractors but I would think those prices would be higher.....well...........because......they are Bowman Chrome!

Well, I guess that's my point; or at least my question. These guys aren't going to have Chomre...so this is about as good as it gets. Will the guys in this draft class always be undervalued due to the lack of chrome?

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
There is no doubt in my mind that Wallace Chrome's would sell for more than the Razor autographs.

but, I also can't wait to see what "RC's" sell better...the Wallace 1st year Chrome auto's or a UD Ultimate collection RC...

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Adamsince1981 said:
There is no doubt in my mind that Wallace Chrome's would sell for more than the Razor autographs.

but, I also can't wait to see what "RC's" sell better...the Wallace 1st year Chrome auto's or a UD Ultimate collection RC...

if UD can get rid of that damn sticker, they'd do better

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Post went up a little late last night. Want to hear what some of you on during the day think.

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
honestly I am not even picking up razor's of my few guys, I just not a huge fan of the design of them. but most of my guys have a non chrome auto and elite autos. As to your question yes the chromes would sell better and for more.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
MTBright said:
honestly I am not even picking up razor's of my few guys, I just not a huge fan of the design of them. but most of my guys have a non chrome auto and elite autos. As to your question yes the chromes would sell better and for more.

Oh, I know they'd sell higher...that's not the point. For a lot of these guys this is their only 2008 Product, will the values of these guys remain ultra low due to the fact that they only have Razor products? Or, do you think it's a opportunity to buy for later?

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
rookieaddict said:
So after watching a good chunk of Razor black autos /199 close earlier today I began yo wonder....what if? What if these guys had Bowman draft blue refractor autos /199? How different would the value be? Here are some examples of closed sales and what I think the bowman counterpart would have gone for. Is this a great opportunity to buy? Or is Razor really going to be another Tri-Star or JMI? Please share your thoughts

Brett Wallace Razor...$15.50
Bowman...$80???

Brian Matusz Razor...$15.07
Bowman...$60???

Yonder Alonzo Razor...$14.07
Bowman...$60???

Brett Lawrie Razor...$36.72
Bowman...$100???

Kyle Skipworth Razor...$16.05
Bowman...$60???

Aaron Crow Razor...$16.52
Bowman...$60

You're pricing may be a little low on some of the Razor cards. I see where you got the Alonzo price, but the 3 before that were 40, 32, and 41 for a black.

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
rookieaddict said:
MTBright said:

Oh, I know they'd sell higher...that's not the point. For a lot of these guys this is their only 2008 Product, will the values of these guys remain ultra low due to the fact that they only have Razor products? Or, do you think it's a opportunity to buy for later?

I think it depends on how long it will be till they have a Bowman, topps, or donruss product. There are pther products for some of these. I would rather have skipworths usa stuff over razor. but it is personal preference.

Latest posts