Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collection Purge/Preservation Project (PCP/PP)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
Just another player collector giving up the ghost.

I've already stopped buying new cards to add to my Khalil Greene player collection--haven't bought one in months. I've also sold my most valuable Greene cards already, so I've been planning on shutting down the Greene collection. Actually, I've just decided to limit it... limit it a lot.

My new PC goals, as far as Greene is concerned:

Get all 2002 and 2003 cards of his, including minor league issues (I actually have quite a few minor league cards I still need to get of his).
Keep my 2006 A&G mini set--including the wood mini 1/1, but I'm planning on getting rid of my 2 printing plates.
Keep my 2006 SP Authentic BTL Set /75
Keep my 2004 Fleer Sweet Sigs Greene Autos (love 'em).
Keep all TTM/IP autos I've got of Greene.
Keep my Greene GU memorabilia (maybe just one of the bats).

I'm still deciding what to do with all my patches and regular GU cards--only because I plan on keeping all my commons (and some of Greene's GU cards are worth the same as a common insert, you know?). I'm just not sure where to draw the line. I think player collectors would be able to relate--I want my collection to have specific boundaries. I guess it's part of player collection OCD.

Aaaanyway. Thanks to all of you who have completed trades with me on various web sites or sold me something on eBay over the years. I know a lot of you traded/sold/gave? Greene cards to me from the old days on the BMB, and I thank you very much.

Outside of my new Greene focus, I'll be focusing more and more on getting IP autographs. I've enjoyed that more and more over the years and this year I was able to get some of them slabbed through PSA/DNA's specials. I think I'm hooked. I'll be going after PSA/DNA Autographed RCs specifically... now I need to find a way to turn the Greene cards in my collection that are on their way out into some green to help fund my new focus. I'll be hoping Greene signs with some team so I can list some of his cards as a little press is generated through that. I had a great time collecting Greene, but it's high time I scaled back.

Merry Christmas!
Anthony

PS-I'd run a contest and give away a Greene card to the winner, but I'm not sure anyone would participate!

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
lmk if i can help you get IP autos . I attend South atlantic league games in Hickory . I also have a LARGE collection of players that i have met .

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
tramers said:
lmk if i can help you get IP autos . I attend South atlantic league games in Hickory . I also have a LARGE collection of players that i have met .

Thanks--maybe I can trade you my 3 Chris Young cards for some autographed RCs of guys who are/were everyday MLB starters. PM me if you're interested:

Chris Young:
2005 Topps Update Chrome Red Xfractor /65
2006 Bowman Originals 2005 Bowman Draft Auto /772 (or is it /972?)
2006 Bowman Originals 2005 Bowman Draft Gold Auto /70

Members online

Latest posts