Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Olympic roster announcement dates and rosters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
here are pics of each country's jerseys...

Belarus
BLR1_01.jpg
BLR2_01.jpg

Canada
CAN1.jpg
CAN2.jpg

China
CHN1.jpg
CHN2.jpg

Czech Republic
CZE1.jpg
CZE2.jpg

Finland
FIN1.jpg
FIN2.jpg

Germany
GER1.jpg
GER2.jpg

Latvia
LAT1.jpg
LAT2.jpg

Norway
NOR1.jpg
NOR2.jpg

Russia
RUS1.jpg
RUS2.jpg

Slovakia
SVK1_02.jpg
SVK2.jpg

Sweden
SWE1.jpg
SWE2.jpg

Switzerland
SWI1.jpg
SWI2.jpg

United States
USA1.jpg
USA2.jpg
USA3.jpg

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I think the black German jersey is my favorite even if it looks a little like the 80's Canuck's jersey.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
i like Russias and Finlands jerseys. I got the red team Canada jersey for xmas yesterday, its pretty sweet in person. Now i just have to decide who to get on the back? I wonder what # he (MAF) would wear? 1 or 29? i have MAFs world jrs Canada jersey #1.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
You guys are fools!

The former Czechoslovakia takes it all. I don't know what it is, but the Czech Republic and Slovakia just do it up right.

Nike certainly knows how to make Hockey Jersey's though. You can actually wear a Nike Jersey out and not look like a freakin' doofus. They're actually form fitting, rather than giant drapes.

Mind you, the first year the Juniors wore those little Nike jerseys, they all looked like tiny, tiny, tiny little men.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
here are the rosters that have been released so far...

Team Belarus

Goalies
Vitali Koval, Maxim Malyutin, Andrei Mezin

Defence
Andrei Antonov, Andrei Bashko, Vladimir Denisov, Viktor Kostiuchenok, Ruslan Salei
Nikolai Stasenko, Vadim Sushko, Alexander Syrei, Oleg Antonenko, Sergei Demagin,

Forwards
Mikhail Grabovsky, Alexei Kaliuzhny, Konstantin Koltsov, Andrei Kostitsyn, Sergei Kostitsyn, Alexander Kulakov, Andrei Mikhalev, Andrei Stas, Alexei Ugarov, Sergei Zadelenov

Team Russia

Goalies
Ilya Bryzgalov (Phoenix), Evgeni Nabokov (San Jose), Semyon Varlamov (Washington)

Defence
Sergei Gonchar (Pittsburgh), Denis Grebeshkov (Edmonton), Dmitri Kalinin (Salavat Ufa), Konstantin Korneyev (CSKA Moscow), Andrei Markov (Montreal), Ilya Nikulin (Ak Bars Kazan), Fedor Tyutin (Columbus), Anton Vonchenkov (Ottawa)

Forwards
Maxim Afinogenov (Atlanta), Pavel Datsyuk (Detroit), Sergei Fedorov (Metallurg Magnitogorsk), Ilya Kovalchuk (Atlanta), Viktor Kozlov (Salavat Ufa), Evgeni Malkin (Pittsburgh), Alexei Morozov (Ak Bars Kazan), Alexander Ovechkin (Washington), Alexander Radulov (Salavat Ufa), Alexander Semin (Washington), Danis Zaripov (Ak Bars Kazan), Sergei Zinoviev (Salavat Ufa)

Team Sweden

Goalkeepers
Jonas Gustavsson (Toronto Maple Leafs/NHL), Stefan Liv (HV 71), Henrik Lundqvist (New York Rangers/NHL)

Defenders
Tobias Enstrom (Atlanta Thrashers/NHL), Magnus Johansson (Linkopings HC), Niklas Kronwall (Detroit Red Wings/NHL), Nicklas Lidstrom (Detroit Red Wings/NHL), Douglas Murray (San Jose Sharks/NHL), Johnny Oduya (New Jersey Devils/NHL), Henrik Tallinder (Buffalo Sabres/NHL), Mattias Ohlund (Tampa Bay Lightning/NHL)

Forwards
Daniel Alfredsson (Ottawa Senators/NHL), Nicklas Backstrom (Washington Capitals/NHL), Loui Eriksson (Dallas Stars/NHL), Peter Forsberg (MODO Hockey), Tomas Holmstrom (Detroit Red Wings/NHL), Patric Hornqvist (Nashville Predators/NHL), Fredrik Modin (Columbus Blue Jackets/NHL), Samuel Paahlsson (Columbus Blue Jackets/NHL), Daniel Sedin (Vancouver Canucks/NHL), Henrik Sedin (Vancouver Canucks/NHL), Mattias Weinhandl (Dynamo Moscow/RUS), Henrik Zetterberg (Detroit Red Wings/NHL)

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
Honestly, had no clue China had a team.

Also, Latvia is disqualified from any sort of coolest jersey contest due to their name being misspelled on the front. ( :D :lol: I couldn't resist. Sorry.)

I like Sweeden and Germany's the best I think, but I also think Team USA should use the Rangers old 3rd/Alternate Statue of Liberty Jerseys (replace the "NYR" with "USA").

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
Hardcore Leaf fan here.... but Mike Fisher has to be on this team IMO.... If it's between Fisher & Morrow, I think we have to go with Mike.

I have watched him alot this year and he has really impressed me with his effort.

Shep :ugeek:

EDIT: Speaking of team Canada.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
pigskincardboard said:
It's pretty insane that kovalev, regardless of his play, was left off the russian squad.

i didn;t notice that till you just brought it up, thats very odd. He must have pissed off Pavel Bure somehow :lol:

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
the Canucks Mikael Samuelsson wasn't very happy about being left off the Sweedish team. here is what he had to say...

Vancouver Sun said:
Canuck winger Mikael Samuelsson had a rather succinct message for coach Bengt-Aake Gustafsson and the rest of the Swedish Olympic hockey program after he was left off the team's 23-man roster announced Sunday.

"I pretty much have one comment and maybe I'll regret it," Samulesson said. "But they can go f*** themselves. That's what I really think."

full story here
Vancouver Sun

lumm0x

May 23, 2009
pghbuccos said:
the Canucks Mikael Samuelsson wasn't very happy about being left off the Sweedish team. here is what he had to say...

Vancouver Sun said:
Canuck winger Mikael Samuelsson had a rather succinct message for coach Bengt-Aake Gustafsson and the rest of the Swedish Olympic hockey program after he was left off the team's 23-man roster announced Sunday.

"I pretty much have one comment and maybe I'll regret it," Samulesson said. "But they can go f*** themselves. That's what I really think."

full story here
Vancouver Sun

Interesting considering the injuries they are facing on that roster right now. I'm sure he would have still been there. Now...maybe not unless he has tickets.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Team Canada

Goaltenders

Martin Brodeur
Marc-Andre Fleury
Roberto Luongo

Defense

Dan Boyle
Drew Doughty
Duncan Keith
Scott Niedermayer "C"
Chris Pronger "A"
Brent Seabrook
Shea Weber

Forwards

Patrice Bergeron
Sidney Crosby "A"
Ryan Getzlaf
Dany Heatley
Jarome Iginla "A"
Patrick Marleau
Brenden Morrow
Rick Nash
Corey Perry
Mike Richards
Eric Staal
Joe Thornton
Jonathan Toews

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
shephech said:
Not impressed with some of Yzerman's decisions.

Me too!!!!

Although i am very happy that MAF is on Canada's Olympic team, i am very disappointed with some selections. No CALGARY FLAMES D-Men?!?! :shock: :shock: :x

No Phaneuf?!?! No Robyn Regehr?!?! No Jay Boumeester!!!!! Ahhhhhh, i was hoping all 3 would make the team or even two of them. But not one of the three?? Wow!!!!!!!! :x

Drew Doughty must be one really awesome D-Man, if he is only in his 2nd season and he is knocking off some of the leagues best defensemen, from Team Canada's roster. I knew Doughty is good, but better than Jay-Bo, Mike Green, Phaneuf and Regehr???

Also wanted Iggy as captain, but can't really complain with Scott. San Jose sure had a big impact on the team.

Now i just need to find out what number MAF is gonna wear. If anyone finds out, lmk please

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
G $MONEY$ said:
shephech said:
Not impressed with some of Yzerman's decisions.

Me too!!!!

Although i am very happy that MAF is on Canada's Olympic team, i am very disappointed with some selections. No CALGARY FLAMES D-Men?!?! :shock: :shock: :x

No Phaneuf?!?! No Robyn Regehr?!?! No Jay Boumeester!!!!! Ahhhhhh, i was hoping all 3 would make the team or even two of them. But not one of the three?? Wow!!!!!!!! :x

Also wanted Iggy as captain, but can't really complain with Scott. San Jose sure had a big impact on the team.

Now i just need to find out what number MAF is gonna wear. If anyone finds out, lmk please

Exactly.... I like Doughty don't get me wrong BUT I would much rather see a Phaneuf slapper or the defensive wizard that is Robyn Regehr.

Shep :ugeek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts