Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How one person turned a good Xmas into a GREAT Xmas!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
Jpruitt, Thank you so much! You seriously made my Christmas awesome (from a collecting point of view)! You really shouldn't have! Totally unexpected surprise :eek:

I was a bit down that I didn't have the extra funds to pick up anything card/Palmeiro related for Xmas. But I was content knowing I had my Xbox 360 for myself and that my wife and daughters were my primary concern when it came to purchasing gifts. In no way am I complaining because having an Xbox 360 is great and a lot more than most.

But anyway, I go to get my mail today and there's a fairly large packagefor me. I know I don't have anything coming from any deals so what I found inside was so unexpected.

1st:

My first Palmeiro game used. A 2002 Playoff Absolute Memorabilia Team Tandems dual bat R. Palmeiro/J. Gonzalez! NICE!

GetAttachmentgu.jpg

Next:

(2) 2003 Bowman Chrome Palmeiro refractors, 2003 Don. Champions base, 1997 Don. Sig. Series Raffy base , an 03 Donruss base and a 2003 UD Vintage Raffy base that I love because it looks like the 1965 Topps style.

GetAttachmentraffybase.jpg

Next: I love little oddball items. So I am happy to own a 2002 Rangers pocket schedule with Chan Ho Park, Arod and Palmeiro on the cover. :D Love it.

Next: A card that I am happy to say I just now took off my Ebay watchlist! I know it was a bit overpriced @ Burbank cards, but I SOOO wanted it that I couldn't bare to take it off my watchlist but also couldn't afford to pull the trigger. Burbank is asking $50 for it!

2004 Donruss Power Alley Purple /25 :eek:

GetAttachmentpurple25.jpg

As if that all wasn't enough Mr. JPruitt floored me with what I found next. Sealed seperately with a very nice note attached was this:

A full, unused game ticket Clev@Tex May 11, 2003. Palmeiro's 500 hr! :eek: :shock:

GetAttachment500hr.jpg

To me, this is truly a piece of history. A full ticket from the day Palmeiro became the 19th members of the 500 hr club and 4th player in history to reach 500 hr's and 3000 hits! As you can see I immediately threw it in a frame to keep it safe. It's just and impromptu frame until I can get a better frame and matting.

An amazing gift! I am so happy right now :D I have the ticket up on my shelf in the living room.

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
jpruitt2 said:
Glad you liked them.

Thank you :!: I love them! I have the ticket in a frame on my shelves in the living room for everyone to see. Once I pick up the 3000 hit ticket I will look to have them both matted/framed and hung on the wall :D

Members online

Latest posts