Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I am selling out and i have a pricing question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
I am getting out of all of this. just tired of it. want to spend time doing other stuff. I am going to put my weaver patches (from my sig) on ebay. Should i break them up or sell as a lot of fourteen. If i sell as a lot what do you think on a price on the lot?

Thanks for all your time and help.

Matt

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
Re: I am seeling out and i have a pricing question.

If not in a hurry, put the lot up for 7 days with a solid BIN. See what offeres you get and go from there. If nothing else you can then break them up and list them seperately.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
I would take a deep breath, put away all my cards for a few weeks and then revisit the issue from then. One of the biggest mistakes I made was selling my PC the first time around and having to build it back up. Unless you're totally certain that the urge to rebuild it will never enter your mind and you don't immediately need the money, just put it down for a while. You only have to invest as much time and money as you wish into the hobby.

nurvanna

Feb 18, 2009
phoenix, az
sorry to hear about this. i'm sure that you've thought about this for quite some time now. it might be a good idea to give it a little more thought before doing anything just yet. best of luck with your decision.

Vagrant said:
I would take a deep breath, put away all my cards for a few weeks and then revisit the issue from then. One of the biggest mistakes I made was selling my PC the first time around and having to build it back up. Unless you're totally certain that the urge to rebuild it will never enter your mind and you don't immediately need the money, just put it down for a while. You only have to invest as much time and money as you wish into the hobby.

good advice.

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
That is great advice. I did just this a couple years ago. But now I see that my future is not dealing with cards. I am doing much more with photography, as some of you know that is not cheap. coaching and teaching have taking a lot of time this year and honestly i do not get that feeling with cards any more.

Vagrant said:

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Sorry to hear but it is understandable.

A few weeks ago someone sold off a similar group of Prince Fielders, the single cards sold really low imo since they were listed on the same day.

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
George_Calfas said:
Sorry to hear but it is understandable.

A few weeks ago someone sold off a similar group of Prince Fielders, the single cards sold really low imo since they were listed on the same day.

I think they should get 30 a piece with some of the letters going above 50.

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
George_Calfas said:

You talking about the 2008 Ultimate Collection /5?

I got me two of those.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Jeff D said:
[quote="George_Calfas":3vgp43ue]

You talking about the 2008 Ultimate Collection /5?

I got me two of those.[/quote:3vgp43ue]

Yes, did you think they closed low?

nurvanna

Feb 18, 2009
phoenix, az
what if you did 5 lots of 3 cards( that includes the white jersey )?
1 great patch with 2 other OK patches. would that yield a better return than the 14( or 15 ) card lot?

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
nurvanna said:
1 great patch with 2 other OK patches. would that yield a better return than the 14( or 15 ) card lot?

thats a good idea. I am going to put up all 14 with a BIN/BO and see what interest there is.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
MTBright said:
nurvanna said:

thats a good idea. I am going to put up all 14 with a BIN/BO and see what interest there is.

Personally I think this is your best plan. One of the people bidding against you when you won these might want them all.

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
George_Calfas said:
Yes, did you think they closed low?

Probably by at least 20-30%. And I definitely agree with your assessment that they would have gone higher had he spread them out. I know for a fact I would have gone higher on my bids. I was the underbidder on two others that I didn't go at more aggressively because I had already won at least one.

Members online