Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just one of my gifts from my in-laws

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

subpop77

Aug 24, 2008
Marshall, Texas, United States
Baseball Americana: Treasures from the Library of Congress (Hardcover)
WOW!! it's a great book filled with baseball history it talks about baseball card history with great illustrations. Strongley suggest picking up a copy.
subpop77
img579.jpg

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Awesome.

I'm sure most people know this, but just incase, the Library of Congress on Flickr.com has the most ridiculous set of Copyright expired (i believe) baseball images out there.

It's past ridiculous, it's just awe-inspiring. Most are in a high enough resolution to print out, if that's your thing.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
gracecollector said:
That's a great book. Get this one to go with it, it's awesome as well...

smithsonian-baseball-cover.jpg

I watched a program on the Smithsonian the other day and it blew my mind.

"I'm going to leave my estate to the America, a place i've never been, so they can further the learning of natural history in whatever way they see fit"

It cracked me up when they spoke about melting all the gold down and shipping it off to america and the ensuing congress bickering.

Maybe this story is common knowledge in the land of the brave, but I hadn't the slightest freakin' clue.

angelsrockies4ever

Aug 7, 2008
pigskincardboard said:
Awesome.

I'm sure most people know this, but just incase, the Library of Congress on Flickr.com has the most ridiculous set of Copyright expired (i believe) baseball images out there.

It's past ridiculous, it's just awe-inspiring. Most are in a high enough resolution to print out, if that's your thing.
Link?

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
angelsrockies4ever said:
pigskincardboard said:
Awesome.

Link?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/library_of_congress/ will get you there, but after that you're going to have to look through "News of the 1900's" and their various "baseball" albums.

A search for a player name will generally getcha where you need to be as well.

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=basebal ... 3220%40N02

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
subpop77 said:
Baseball Americana: Treasures from the Library of Congress (Hardcover)
WOW!! it's a great book filled with baseball history it talks about baseball card history with great illustrations. Strongley suggest picking up a copy.
subpop77
img579.jpg

My gf, Chris, got me the exact same book for Christmas! :lol:

Members online

Latest posts