Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Baltimore National info?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
Ive been to the site and ther is info there but doesnt mention a few things. Hoping someone can answer them.

1. Is the closest airport BWI?
2. If so about how far from the center? Ive read to take light rail, is that right?

Thanks

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
BWI is the closest airport. It is a major hub for Southwest, so they are usually the cheapest.

Depending on what time you get in, you can take the light rail from the airport to downtown. I wouldn't really recommend it if you have a big bag, but if you only have a carry on it should be ok. A cab isn't too expensive - from downtown to the airport it's under $30 each way. There is also the blue super shuttle van that's about half that price.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
G $MONEY$ said:
Isn't the National sometime in July or August? Geez you guys want your info early :lol: :lol:
People were already booking flights and hotels months ago after this years was over in Cleveland.
The early bird gets the worm!

I'd love to go to the nationals in Baltimore. WOuld be an amazing experience if I wasn't in Europe. :|

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
Wow! It's gonna be in my (and Allincards') hometown this summer!

I wouldn't miss this - are there any information regarding to the National? Let me know.

If you have any questions about Baltimore, don't hesitate to ask.

By the way, Mudflap02 said it right about BWI & the drive from BWI to the city which I proudly say, "Bawlmer"!

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
I'll just go ahead and say it now. If you leave town without getting crab cakes at G&M in Linthicum (by the airport), you are wrong.

Also ever since Tim Lincecum came into the league, I can't drive through "Linthicum" without giggling to myself.

Yeth, Tim Linthicum ith the betht pitcher in batheball.

Jul 30, 2009
I know its a ways off but Im wondering if I should take the 3 plus hour drive and sleep over a few nights or just fly down.

One last question, if I cab it how long is the airport from the center?

www.nsccshow.com for people who like info about the show

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
AMAZIN HOF COLLECTOR said:
OK... I'll ask it ::facepalm::

Can you bring the wife and kids to the national?
Things for them to do?
Or is it a sausage & drink fest? :shock:
Lol, it depends…is your wife a sports fan? If not, she/the kids will probably be bored b/c it’s pretty much a sausage/drinking fest…though there are some female dealers/collectors there. Also, card companies have fun promos/free cards (usually) for kids, so maybe your wife/kids would enjoy that. Otherwise, maybe they could come w/you but explore the city instead?

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
AMAZIN HOF COLLECTOR said:
OK... I'll ask it ::facepalm::

Can you bring the wife and kids to the national?
Things for them to do?
Or is it a sausage & drink fest? :shock:

Unless they are into all that stuff i would say no. However bring them to Baltimore as there is so much to do there for them like going to Inner Harbor and the aquarium.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
cgilmo said:
you can leave your wife with me

if she's hot...

ooooooo, I'm telling Mrs. Gilmore you said that...

LOL

I'm looking forward to the National this year. Baltimore is like my "second city" being that I live nearly equidistant from Baltimore and Philly. (Philly gets the edge by about a 20 minutes driving)

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Russ S. said:
[quote="G $MONEY$":3ljwrbjg]Isn't the National sometime in July or August? Geez you guys want your info early :lol: :lol:
People were already booking flights and hotels months ago after this years was over in Cleveland.

I'd love to go to the nationals in Baltimore. WOuld be an amazing experience if I wasn't in Europe. :|[/quote:3ljwrbjg]

At least you'll be "stuck" in Germany.

I'll be in the hot, sandy deserts of Afghanistan :(

But, I will be saving up some paypal so hopefully someone won't mind taking a list of things to look for for me :D

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Anthony K. said:
[quote="Russ S.":1o5w7qfl][quote="G $MONEY$":1o5w7qfl]Isn't the National sometime in July or August? Geez you guys want your info early :lol: :lol:

I'd love to go to the nationals in Baltimore. WOuld be an amazing experience if I wasn't in Europe. :|[/quote:1o5w7qfl]

At least you'll be "stuck" in Germany.

I'll be in the hot, sandy deserts of Afghanistan :(

But, I will be saving up some paypal so hopefully someone won't mind taking a list of things to look for for me :D[/quote:1o5w7qfl]

Enjoy the extra doe!!
I had 15 months of it. THose extra 3 months extra pay at the end was NICE!!
15 months was WAAAAAYYY too long though. When you leaving?

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
LLWesMan said:
Good read.
Thanks for sharing!!

I've never been to one, but hope to one day soon now that the kids are getting older.
Now a serious question for those who've attended the Nationals.
Do regional cards seem to have a premium?

For instance, Last year in Cleveland. Were Browns/Indians/Cavs cards marked up?

Would us O's collectors find Nice High End O's pieces priced more at the Nationals then if there were for sale elsewhere?
Would going to Nationals in Baltimore be just a HUGE TEASE for someone that collected Ripken & O's stuff, but DIDN'T have an endless supply of cheddar?? :cool:

Members online

Latest posts