Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's the Condition of Your 2009 BDP Chrome Parallels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I'd like to ask you wax busters a question. I'm curious as to the general condition of the Chrome parallels from this product. The centering appears to be pretty good overall from the scans I've seen, but how are the edges, corners and surfaces on both sides?

Any major problems?

Thanks.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
ballerskrip said:
Jp,

You should stay away since it is such a terrible product ;)

Whatever was said initially it seems that MANY have changed thier tune, as it seems Topps has done it again (much like last year) by adding extra value to thier product! It seems that for the moment the initial naysayer's have gone mute on the bashing & criticizing...! :D

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
kentuckyderby said:
moxacaine said:
ballerskrip said:
Jp,

You should stay away since it is such a terrible product for busting ;)

fixed it for you.

::facepalm::

TERRIBLE product for busting
Opened 6 boxes
2 AFLAC autos
total of 12 autos
2 gold/50
1 orange /25
1 plate
:D

When most of those are $5-$10 cards it is.

Im officially done with this. Its apparent you and baller think this is the second coming of christ and i dont like it. im ready to move on. best of luck with your future breaks.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
HoustonTeams4Me said:
ballerskrip said:
Jp,

You should stay away since it is such a terrible product ;)

Whatever was said initially it seems that MANY have changed thier tune, as it seems Topps has done it again (much like last year) by adding extra value to thier product! It seems that for the moment the initial naysayer's have gone mute on the bashing & criticizing...! :D

Not me. I just don't want to come across as annoying to everyone about the matter... :)

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
Mox,
I can sell my AFLAC Wheeler for $45 right now
My ZWheeler, Matzek & Micthell for 17 each
My RS AFLAC for 15-20
and my trout XFR for 25-30

I am not saying it is the best thing in history
I actually like 08 better
but I disagree with people who so easily rip on it

It's not you but some have soooooo easily ripped on it

jjj7880

Aug 7, 2008
Corners and edges have been great, but the surfaces have more than normal scratches and marks. I tried cleaning up a bunch last night for this submission and a lot of the marks that usually come off I found it more difficult with these. The non autos were better condition, the autos had more scratches than normal.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
kentuckyderby said:
Mox,
My RS AFLAC for 15-20

This is exactly where I stand also. I certainly do not think it is the 2nd coming of christ as Mox put it. I would actually say that the "backers" of elite extra this year (meaning those that keep posting about it, and have invested in it) are touting their product as the end all be all. I just think it is SILLY for people who aren't busting the product to be the ones bashing it. I haven't heard many that opened it complaining. NOTE, my break was subpar, but it was a ton of fun :)

skrip

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
JP - the overall quality is good for grading.

And in general, I think e very bowman chrome release is said to be crappy and then all of a sudden after a few breaks everyone changes their tune and ends up loving it. Year in and year out. At least for Draft every year.

Allen

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I have noticed several parallels that are horribly off center. While I'm not a grader by any means, the surfaces look much better this year as there aren't many "pock" marks on the cards. I also don't see the "cracked" appearance like some refractors in the past have had. The corners look fairly sharp. THe edges could use some work as they seem rough or have a sharp feel to them like the chrome foil is rolled up. Now thats what I have seen. Don't know if its widespread but I figured I would answer your question. I'm just glad my higher end parallels are ok.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
JP ~

Under halogen lighting and with a critical eye, the surface is BRUTAL. Nothing I have received is gradeable surface-wise and I purchased from people who do not grade.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:
kentuckyderby said:
Mox,
My RS AFLAC for 15-20

This is exactly where I stand also. I certainly do not think it is the 2nd coming of christ as Mox put it. I would actually say that the "backers" of elite extra this year (meaning those that keep posting about it, and have invested in it) are touting their product as the end all be all. I just think it is SILLY for people who aren't busting the product to be the ones bashing it. I haven't heard many that opened it complaining. NOTE, my break was subpar, but it was a ton of fun :)

skrip

This doesn't make any sense...if you didn't like a product, you wouldn't bust it. Therefore, people who don't like products will usually be the ones not busting it.

Back to the point, I just don't see how the math works but if you are busting this product in quantity and making a profit on it, I'd love to see the numbers. If you are busting for fun, well, you can do that with many products!

By quantity I mean cases, enough to get a 20 ct lot of a player.

Derby, you had a nice break but it was 6 boxes and even though you didn't hit big parallels of autos, you did hit the right players.

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
masonphillip said:
ballerskrip said:
kentuckyderby said:
Mox,
My RS AFLAC for 15-20

skrip

This doesn't make any sense...if you didn't like a product, you wouldn't bust it. Therefore, people who don't like products will usually be the ones not busting it.

Back to the point, I just don't see how the math works but if you are busting this product in quantity and making a profit on it, I'd love to see the numbers. If you are busting for fun, well, you can do that with many products!

By quantity I mean cases, enough to get a 20 ct lot of a player.

Derby, you had a nice break but it was 6 boxes and even though you didn't hit big parallels of autos, you did hit the right players.

It’s probably premature to decide whether bcdp is a success or failure as it released days before xmas which means most bulk case rippers probably haven’t even ripped theirs. Plus, most bulk case rippers aren’t even on fcb/message boards, probably b/c they’re too busy ripping, sorting, listing + shipping.

I think it’s somewhat odd that people base the quality of a product based on how THEY did. It also seems odd that people declare a product “sucks” if they’ve not ripped any AND they declare it sucks BEFORE it’s even released. It also seems odd that the same people often LOVE a product BEFORE it’s released (razor sigs last year, anyone?) + after THEY make their $ off of the product (if they do- oddly, people rarely talk about losing $ on cases), they start saying “oh, I wouldn’t rip THAT.”

It’s 1 thing to not rip a product b/c you don’t think you can make $ on it (I didn’t rip razor sigs for this reason, even though last year, “prospectors” loved it), but it seems like every year, people rant against BC/BCDP w/o doing much in depth analysis. Sure, everyone + their baby mama loves Matzahecky (deliberate mangling of name), but has anyone really done any analysis of any guys beyond the top 1-2 “big guys?” Who is going to be this year’s Derek Norris? Christian Friedappledich? It’s THOSE prospectors who can fairly assess a product, good + bad, + who can pick out the “hidden gems” consistently, that I admire + respect.

Members online