Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can buyers leave Negatives without paying for item?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
I have a guy that wants to back out of a sale on Ebay.

I had 3 refractors without the peels that the guy bid on and won. 11 days after the end of the auction, he asks if the refractors have peels and if not wants to cancel the transaction.

Here is my response to him:

Matt,

The refractors do not have the peel, as is represented by the picture.

If you were concerned about the peel being on the card, you should have asked the question regarding the peel prior to your bid.

That being said, I will not back out of the transaction. It has been 11 days since the auction ended, which I feel is more than ample time to address your concerns over items you agreed to purchase on December 14th.

Please let me know your intentions of paying or not so I can request a refund of my listing fees.

Thank you.

I sent this on the 25th. Yesterday I started the NPB process.

Today, I got this response:

I say you, if the cards are incomplete stop the deal , if you retire the litige I give you negative feedback... you can feel the same

Which I translate (he is French), to "Either stop the non paying bidder claim and cancel the transaction, or I will leave you a negative."

For the principle, I want my FVFs back. Since he didn't pay, can he drop a neg on me if I pursue the fees?

Sorry for the rant, just a little frustrated.

Wes

OG
Administrator
tonsofcommons said:
I have a guy that wants to back out of a sale on Ebay.

I had 3 refractors without the peels that the guy bid on and won. 11 days after the end of the auction, he asks if the refractors have peels and if not wants to cancel the transaction.

Here is my response to him:

Matt,

The refractors do not have the peel, as is represented by the picture.

If you were concerned about the peel being on the card, you should have asked the question regarding the peel prior to your bid.

That being said, I will not back out of the transaction. It has been 11 days since the auction ended, which I feel is more than ample time to address your concerns over items you agreed to purchase on December 14th.

Please let me know your intentions of paying or not so I can request a refund of my listing fees.

Thank you.

I sent this on the 25th. Yesterday I started the NPB process.

Today, I got this response:

I say you, if the cards are incomplete stop the deal , if you retire the litige I give you negative feedback... you can feel the same

Which I translate (he is French), to "Either stop the non paying bidder claim and cancel the transaction, or I will leave you a negative."

For the principle, I want my FVFs back. Since he didn't pay, can he drop a neg on me if I pursue the fees?

Sorry for the rant, just a little frustrated.

I believe if you file NPB he can't leave negative feedback.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Don't worry about the Neg if you do a non-payment dispute and you'll win of course, won't Ebay remove
the Neg if in fact he can leave one. I think he can leave it even though you started the process, but again
I think eBay will remove it though.

I had a similar problem a few months back.

I had a buyer not pay and ignore all requests for payment. I contact eBay and file NPB. I see him win and pay for other auctions so he was just ignoring me. So I drop the positive /negative feeback on him (positive feeback but in the details I say he bids and does not pay beware). He gets pissed and drops a negative on me, and he didnt even pay! I contact ebay and they tell me to just go through with the NPB and close the case. Negative feedback was immediately removed.
Hope this helps.....
Joe ;)

Crash Davis

Aug 19, 2008
Pine Tar said:
Don't worry about the Neg if you do a non-payment dispute and you'll win of course, won't Ebay remove
the Neg if in fact he can leave one. I think he can leave it even though you started the process, but again
I think eBay will remove it though.

What? (head shaking)

Members online

Latest posts