Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A mailday I will never forget..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
Just in the past two days, I've received four bubble mailers, and all were freebies!!
The first package was from an ebay seller. I was debating putting a bid on some Tim Lincecum bowman draft cards, but with the iffy title, I didn't know exactly what I was getting. So I had my mom (which is how i use ebay) to ask the seller a question that would clear up my doubts. The seller didn't respond until the next day, when the auction was over, so I didn't bid on the auction. The seller just said something like "Tell me his favorite players and I'll get some cards out." They didn't have to do that, but I said I like Lincecum, Bumgarner, and Yankees. I open the package and there are 13 Bumgarner Draft cards, 1 base gold, a Lincecum draft base, and a Lincy draft chrome! Awesome freebies from the seller..totally didn't have to do that.

The next package was from J.O., a member here on the boards. He has sent me a package or two before to help with my Xfractor collection, and the stubborn guy won't accept anything in return. He sent me a Jake Smolinski Xfractor from 07 draft and a Steve Garrison Xfractor from 08 draft. Thanks a lot, J.O.! You're a great guy!

The third was a package from a contest held by board member bungle77. Inside were three Xfractors, each from 08 Draft. They were: Clayton Kershaw, Wilkin Ramirez, and Bryan LaHair. Thanks a lot bungle! You're also awesome!

The last package was the unforgettable one. Like the first, I had no idea it was even coming. It's wide mailer, so I figure someone has sent a lot of cards. I cut it open and inside is a note and a nice assortment of yankees cards! I teared up upon reading the note..it was the best thing ever for someone to sit down and write a note and have himself and his kid sign it. Just the thought..wow. And the guy isn't even a board member here! It was really special. Take a look:
Cardletter-1.jpg
The cards were very nice too. A nice amount of Mussinas, Jeters, and Matsuis among others. Paul is an absolute class act. Very very generous and kindhearted gesture by him and his son Cameron.

Sorry for the long read, just had to share the generosity of these members. God Bless all of them and all of you.

Happy Holidays,
Anthony

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
Hi Anthony,

I think I'm the first seller you mentioned. Your mom emailed me just before the auction ended, so I couldn't reply right away as I was w/my own mom (who has heart troubles herself). In any case, glad the cards arrived + enjoy the freebies. Wanted to add more, but was on limited time (I sell more than cards + dec. is my busiest mo. biz wise) + didn't want to hold up the cards getting to you.

Glad your surgery went well and enjoy the holidays

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
rainmanesq said:
Hi Anthony,

I think I'm the first seller you mentioned. Your mom emailed me just before the auction ended, so I couldn't reply right away as I was w/my own mom (who has heart troubles herself). In any case, glad the cards arrived + enjoy the freebies. Wanted to add more, but was on limited time (I sell more than cards + dec. is my busiest mo. biz wise) + didn't want to hold up the cards getting to you.

Glad your surgery went well and enjoy the holidays

Hey man thanks a lot. I really appreciate the freebies, and they look really good next to the others in my collection. ;)

Anthony

Members online

Latest posts