Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do you notice cards that are the last # printed command more

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
Out of pure luck, I have pulled a few cards that were the last number in the series of printing (ie: 100/100 or 250/250). I have noticed that when they are on eBay they seem to get a lot more attention and people watching and bidding that just a normal card.

Is there a big market for this? To people actually collect the last (or first) number on cards?

Just a weird observation.

dadofandrew

Aug 7, 2008
I know that jaderock does try to get what he calls trifectas. Which is the first one, jersey number and the last one. Maybe that trend is starting to catch on with other player collectors. Doesn't really work for me since Ozzie's number was 1 so there are no trifectas

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
dadofandrew said:
I know that jaderock does try to get what he calls trifectas. Which is the first one, jersey number and the last one. Maybe that trend is starting to catch on with other player collectors. Doesn't really work for me since Ozzie's number was 1 so there are no trifectas

Sure he does. 1/1s :D It is the first printed, last printed, AND his jersey number!

dadofandrew

Aug 7, 2008
tonsofcommons said:
dadofandrew said:

Sure he does. 1/1s :D It is the first printed, last printed, AND his jersey number!
lol I did think of that!

I found jaderocks site and he explains it better than I do
http://markbrunell.webs.com/trifectas.htm

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
tonsofcommons said:
dadofandrew said:

It is probably worse for Jeter stuff numbered to 3.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Yes they do. If its a Jersey Number, First Number or Last number you will usually get a little more for it than all the other print runs.

nurvanna

Feb 18, 2009
phoenix, az
i've paid a little more for the last over the 1st.
depending upon the card's design, i've tried to the 1st, last, jersey number( mlb & milb - for that season ) and the kicker, his age. the age card was tough in that i was doing it for when he signed those cards/stickers but then i realized i wasn't for certain as to what age he did sign them. so then i switched it to cards released before his birthday of the particular year, that age( that was the card number ). after awhile i just canned the whole age idea and decided to do some of the trifecta or ebaY 1/1s of the designs i like. mainly i prefer his jersey number over the 1st or last.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
I do not believe I have looked at a serial number in years....I know chrome blues are #ed to 150 and that is about it lol.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
It was ridiculous with 2008 exquisite football base cards.

Regular Jamarcus Russell base/75 = $3

Jamarcus Russell base 75/75 = $70

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
I have also had some of this luck recently and I was asking myself the same questions. I got a blue ref for some guy named Orloff that was numbered 99/99 from 09 BDP. I also got the number 1 Jarrod Parker xfractor auto from 2008 Bowman with Chrome.

bradical said:
Out of pure luck, I have pulled a few cards that were the last number in the series of printing (ie: 100/100 or 250/250). I have noticed that when they are on eBay they seem to get a lot more attention and people watching and bidding that just a normal card.

Is there a big market for this? To people actually collect the last (or first) number on cards?

Just a weird observation.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
Unfortunately, those numbers are also the ones that some people on eBay choose to market as "1/1"s in their listings. ::facepalm::

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
RL24 has alot of Rickey's #24/whatever.. alot of player collectors will jump at getting the first last or jersey number of their player when given the chance.

I have a 2005 topps rookie cup reprint auto 1987 card in my pc that is numbered 87/99. I traded for it on another forum and thought it was a pretty sweet coincidence the card was numbered to the exact year it was reprinted from.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
I wonder what the Jeter SP Buybacks that are...

01/93
02/93
19/93
and
93/93

Will sell for.
I personally really like 19/93,

but my 23/93 will do. :)

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va
I don't really pay much attention to it unless the card is a high print run (by todays standards). If I come across a Frank card that is #35/50, the serial number wouldn't effect my bid. However, a 0035/1000 would.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts