Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So it turns out not everyone has a price....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zookerman182

Aug 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL
Im quickly finding out that alot of people like thier cards and dont care how much i want to over pay for them. Which is totally ok and they are thier cards to keep or sell. Im just not used to people turning down large offers with the majority of folks being in financial trouble.

Are there certain cards in your collection that people have made crazy offers on, only to hear you say no thanks?

nurvanna

Feb 18, 2009
phoenix, az
it's possible that they truly don't want to sell because they like them or that they're waiting for a better time to make a little more.
no one has been interested in any of my stuff, but then again i'm a fool and would pass up on the money rather than see it as a means to purchase more items.
i've been on your end quite a few times - some people have sold to me and a few did not. no big deal, eventually they might come around.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
I think it's human nature to feel that if someone else is interested in a card you own, it automatically becomes more valuable, especially in this hobby and if it is a very limited card, and especially if you really don't need the money.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
brouthercard said:
r2d2 said:
blitzerlover said:
There are a few cards in my collection I would never sell, no matter the price.

+1 (although I don't have much that other people would want)

Isn't there ALWAYS a price, like say, TEN MILLLION DOLLARS?

I would never sell the cards I am thinking of. They have no value to anyone else, they are full of memories though. Like the card my dad bought me after my first little league game. Stuff like that.

jeremy

Aug 7, 2008
YOU KNOW
blitzerlover said:
brouthercard said:
r2d2 said:
blitzerlover said:

I would never sell the cards I am thinking of. They have no value to anyone else, they are full of memories though. Like the card my dad bought me after my first little league game. Stuff like that.

unless you're already rich you would probably sell for 10 million though

zookerman182

Aug 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL
A_Pharis said:
I've had a good amount of money offered on my DK auto collection a few times. I will never EVER sell it, though. It's going to go to my future son. Maybe he'll sell it -- we'll see.

haha, have faith in your son!

A_Pharis

zookerman182 said:
A_Pharis said:
I've had a good amount of money offered on my DK auto collection a few times. I will never EVER sell it, though. It's going to go to my future son. Maybe he'll sell it -- we'll see.

haha, have faith in your son!

I hope he takes to baseball (I am still a couple of years away from our first planned pregnancy so I am looking way ahead) like I did, but I hope he sticks to it. If he does, the collection will be framed in a huge frame waiting for him.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
jeremy said:
blitzerlover said:
brouthercard said:
r2d2 said:
blitzerlover said:

unless you're already rich you would probably sell for 10 million though
Money isn't everything to some people.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
[youtube:cjcqgzft]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K7IKT4cvAE[/youtube:cjcqgzft]

Awesome..... I got to use that in context.

francisjniskey

Oct 28, 2008
Tell me about it. I made what I considered to be some really good offers on a couple things I was interested in and received counter offers on both of them for at least $50 more on each one of them. ::facepalm::

zookerman182 said:
Im quickly finding out that alot of people like thier cards and dont care how much i want to over pay for them. Which is totally ok and they are thier cards to keep or sell. Im just not used to people turning down large offers with the majority of folks being in financial trouble.

Are there certain cards in your collection that people have made crazy offers on, only to hear you say no thanks?

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
zookerman182 said:

I have numerous cards in my collection that I won't sell...wanna offer me a million bucks for a card and I would mull the decision, not because it wasn't worth it, but because my collection has become a part of me and some cards I have spent over a decade tracking down. Sure in the end I'd prob take it, but it'd be like giving up a kidney...everything is ok, but something irreplaceable is missing.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
The only cards that I have that I would never sell are cards that don't have a lot of real value, but have a ton of sentimental value. That being said, almost everything I have would be for sale for the right price, but on pc stuff that price would mean I'd be able to pick up another auto of that player and then have $$ left over for something else I want.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts