Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What are your thoughts on....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josh3302

Oct 28, 2008
....Jiovanni Mier

Pulled his Chrome Auto today. My luck though I split a box with a guy and he got a Zack Wheeler Aflac Auto out of it ::facepalm::

EDIT: Just got an X-Fractor Auto of Brad Boxberger too. Is he any good?

Lally1

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Not trying to be a dick. But you like to make alot of posts on what you pull and if they are any good. I would do some research on the product you want to bust, along with doing some research on the players you pull. Again, not being a dick. Just sayin.

josh3302

Oct 28, 2008
Lally1 said:
Not trying to be a dick. But you like to make alot of posts on what you pull and if they are any good. I would do some research on the product you want to bust, along with doing some research on the players you pull. Again, not being a dick. Just sayin.
Ok...

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Medium build, lean, rangy, yet to physically mature.

STRENGTHS: Rangy, athletic, above-average defensive SS, soft hands, good reflexes, quick feet, good footwork and instincts, nose for the ball. Chance to be best defender at his position in major leagues. Average arm with above-average release, will field what he gets to, and will get to more balls than many. Short stride, compact swing, inside-out SA (straightaway) approach, line drive hitter who will put the ball in play. Should grow into power as he physically matures.

WEAKNESSES: Below-average strength, arm can occ. (occasionally) be inaccurate, can be too pull-oriented – all correctable.

SUMMARY: Gifted defender who can stay at SS at advanced levels. Former soccer player with outstanding footwork. Must continue to develop strength. Believe he will hit; see no reason why player should not become ML SS.

GRADES (Present\Future):
Hit 30/60
Power 30/60
Run 50/55
Arm 50/55
Field 50/70

Overall Future Potential: 60

1995BBRefractorGuy

Dec 20, 2008
Lally1 said:

not everyone follows the up to the minute prospect game, unless he's asking if his bowman heritage gu barry zito card is any good i think it's a fair question. current ebay market value reflects only part of the game, if someone asks for opinions and you don't want to share yours don't. Just sayin.

Lally1

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
1995BBRefractorGuy said:
Lally1 said:

not everyone follows the up to the minute prospect game, unless he's asking if his bowman heritage gu barry zito card is any good i think it's a fair question. current ebay market value reflects only part of the game, if someone asks for opinions and you don't want to share yours don't. Just sayin.
Was there any harm in what I said..? Its not up to the minute prospecting... its pretty easy to check online, at stats, etc to see the potential of a player. I wasnt being a dick at all. Just encourging him to look around for some answers. Just sayin.

josh3302

Oct 28, 2008
Lally1 said:
1995BBRefractorGuy said:
Lally1 said:

Was there any harm in what I said..? Its not up to the minute prospecting... its pretty easy to check online, at stats, etc to see the potential of a player. I wasnt being a dick at all. Just encourging him to look around for some answers. Just sayin.
Stats don't determine the future of the player or the potential he has. Please don't comment in my threads if you are looking to start a problem

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
josh3302 said:
Lally1 said:
1995BBRefractorGuy said:
Lally1 said:

Stats don't determine the future of the player or the potential he has.

Im pretty sure that's exactly what stats do...

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
HPC said:
i43770 said:
HPC said:
josh3302 said:

Not always. Take a look at Conor Jackson's stats as a "prospect".

In that case Strasburg will be a bust too

I never said anything like that. But you said that "that's exactly what stats do" when referring to potential. And I was just giving you an example when a highly touted prospect had really good stats, that didn't turn into future stats.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
i43770 said:
HPC said:
i43770 said:
HPC said:
josh3302 said:

Not always. Take a look at Conor Jackson's stats as a "prospect".

In that case Strasburg will be a bust too

I never said anything like that. But you said that "that's exactly what stats do" when referring to potential. And I was just giving you an example when a highly touted prospect had really good stats, that didn't turn into future stats.

So, a guy who hits .162 in the minors has the same potential and future of someone like Jackson who averaged around .340 (career) in the minors?

I also see the reverse side of that, guys like Jackson/Delmon/McPherson who didnt pan out like they should have, but to say stats dont determine potential is way off base.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
blitzerlover said:
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Medium build, lean, rangy, yet to physically mature.

STRENGTHS: Rangy, athletic, above-average defensive SS, soft hands, good reflexes, quick feet, good footwork and instincts, nose for the ball. Chance to be best defender at his position in major leagues. Average arm with above-average release, will field what he gets to, and will get to more balls than many. Short stride, compact swing, inside-out SA (straightaway) approach, line drive hitter who will put the ball in play. Should grow into power as he physically matures.

Over Alcides Escobar's dead body! :)

Members online

Latest posts