Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLBN Prime Nine Teams of the Decade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
MLBN did a Prime Nine of the top nine teams of this decade (wasnt for a single year like the 2008 Phillies, 2005 Cards, etc, it was for what the team did for the whole decade)

The top 3 were:
1. Yankees
2. Sox
3. Angels

If anyone can remember what the other 6 teams were please include them.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
You mean franchises? They had single year teams (like 2004 Red sox as #1) and the 9 best Franchises.

They also had the braves, twins, diamondbacks, phillies, cardinals, white sox
marlins, dodgers, a's just missed

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
nevermore said:
http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=7146993

#9 Arizona
#8 White Sox
#7 Twins
#6 Braves
#5 Phillies
#4 Angels
#3 Cardinals
#2 Red Sox
#1 Yankees
yay was right off the top of my head :)

Love prime 9. except i think they mixed up the 1st and 2nd player of the decade.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
darocker80 said:
nevermore said:

#9 Arizona
#8 White Sox
#7 Twins
#6 Braves
#5 Phillies
#4 Angels
#3 Cardinals
#2 Red Sox
#1 Yankees

Love prime 9. except i think they mixed up the 1st and 2nd player of the decade.

who was 1 & 2?

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
darocker80 said:
nevermore said:

#9 Arizona
#8 White Sox
#7 Twins
#6 Braves
#5 Phillies
#4 Angels
#3 Cardinals
#2 Red Sox
#1 Yankees

I thought 1 and 2 were correct but I felt Jeter was too high on the list. Should have been Ichiro, Rivera, and then Jeter.

#1 Pujols
#2 Bonds
#3 Arod
#4 Manny
#5 Jeter
#6 Ichiro
#7 Rivera
#8 Chipper
#9 Kent

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
nevermore said:
darocker80 said:
nevermore said:

#9 Arizona
#8 White Sox
#7 Twins
#6 Braves
#5 Phillies
#4 Angels
#3 Cardinals
#2 Red Sox
#1 Yankees

I thought 1 and 2 were correct but I felt Jeter was too high on the list. Should have been Ichiro, Rivera, and then Jeter.

#1 Pujols
#2 Bonds
#3 Arod
#4 Manny
#5 Jeter
#6 Ichiro
#7 Rivera
#8 Chipper
#9 Kent
should've been:
1. Bonds
2. Pujols
3. Arod
4. Ichiro
5. Manny
6. Jeter
7. Chipper
8. Vladmir Guerro
9. Jeff Kent

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
darocker80 said:
nevermore said:
darocker80 said:
nevermore said:

#9 Arizona
#8 White Sox
#7 Twins
#6 Braves
#5 Phillies
#4 Angels
#3 Cardinals
#2 Red Sox
#1 Yankees

#1 Pujols
#2 Bonds
#3 Arod
#4 Manny
#5 Jeter
#6 Ichiro
#7 Rivera
#8 Chipper
#9 Kent
should've been:
1. Bonds
2. Pujols
3. Arod
4. Ichiro
5. Manny
6. Jeter
7. Chipper
8. Vladmir Guerro
9. Jeff Kent

Bonds essentially didn't play for three of the ten years of the decade, while the other seven are tainted by steroid use (whether it matters to you or not). He's lucky to be #2. And this coming from someone that thinks Bonds is one of the five best players ever.

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
pujolsjunkie said:
Bonds essentially didn't play for three of the ten years of the decade, while the other seven are tainted by steroid use (whether it matters to you or not). He's lucky to be #2. And this coming from someone that thinks Bonds is one of the five best players ever.

Steroid/PED aside, I think Bonds should be #1 because he won 4 MVP whereas Albert P got only 3. Bonds beat Albert in the voting during that time too. He was clearly the best player in the game and set all time great record, whereas Albert put big number but not something that wasn't accomplish before. Having said that Albert is on pace to be greatest hitter in the game.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
championMan said:
pujolsjunkie said:

Steroid/PED aside, I think Bonds should be #1 because he won 4 MVP whereas Albert P got only 3. Bonds beat Albert in the voting during that time too. He was clearly the best player in the game and set all time great record, whereas Albert put big number but not something that wasn't accomplish before. Having said that Albert is on pace to be greatest hitter in the game.
In addition, did you ssee how many walks and how few at bats he got. How few times they actually went after Bonds and yet he still managed to hit well above .300 and average 40ish HRS!

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
cowboysrule48 said:
nevermore said:

#9 Arizona
#8 White Sox
#7 Twins
#6 Braves
#5 Phillies
#4 Angels
#3 Cardinals
#2 Red Sox
#1 Yankees

How are the Marlins not on this list?

Who would they have taken off the list? Even if you look at the Diamondbacks, they had 3 seasons with at least 90 wins and make the playoffs those years. The Marlins only had one season where they won at least 90 games and only made the playoffs once.

Members online

Latest posts