Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whats gonna happen in 2010 with prospecting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prospectmaster

I am a little confused on this subject. Since I am a prospector I am still very confused on what will happen in 2010 with prospecting. Is the Bowman Brand gonna be gone forever or whats gonna be the way to prospect in 2010? I really wanted to see a 2010 Bowman Draft product so badly since I think the 2010 Draft is gonna be stacked with talent.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
the bowman line isn't going anywhere...topps will be producing a milb licensed set but collectors will still pay a premium for cards featuring mlb logos.

Jul 30, 2009
Its pretty easy to top this year (I think 1988 might be better) in terms of quality prospect sets but 2010 COULD be amazing.

Blah blah with the Bowman, BC and BDP and BS sets. You know what those are.

The 2010 Topps Minor League issue could be very interesting although, of course, Topps is not doing it right so far.

But what Im really excited about is UD. Now that they dont have to live by MLB's stupid "youre not a rookie until we say you are" rule, I would assume they could make a card of ANYONE (not named Strasburg) and use them for any of their products.

What stops them from buying the rights from Razor for Smoak or Pedro or Kelly, etc and making an SPX auto or SP Letterman auto?

Unless Topps does a "Razor", wouldnt you think UD does both a Prospect Premieres and SP Prospect set for 2010 Draft?

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
cgilmo said:
bballcardkid said:
I'm wondering why UD hasn't already joined the game.

check the logo at the top :)

They have sought out advertising opportunities on a baseball card forum

You can bet they will do something.

They only chose to advertise on one version of the forums?

I'm willing to bet that plenty of people, like I, never see the UD ad on this site.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
bballcardkid said:
I'm wondering why UD hasn't already joined the game.

check the logo at the top :)

They have sought out advertising opportunities on a baseball card forum

You can bet they will do something.

Nice.

Something along the lines of 2004 SP Prospects would be nice to see again.

Crash Davis

Aug 19, 2008
Prospectmaster said:
I am a little confused on this subject. Since I am a prospector I am still very confused on what will happen in 2010 with prospecting. Is the Bowman Brand gonna be gone forever or whats gonna be the way to prospect in 2010? I really wanted to see a 2010 Bowman Draft product so badly since I think the 2010 Draft is gonna be stacked with talent.

Your card store owner should be muzzled for life. Goes to show you just how easy it is to start a rumor.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
What do you guy's think the odds are that since 2010 Topps Pro Debut won't have any chrome or refractor's, Topps will have a follow-up several months down the road from Pro Debut's initial debut called:
"2010 Topps Chrome Pro Debut" (featuring the refractor parallel's that we all know & love)??? I can dig it! ;) :D

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
This board has a large prospecting vibe verus a couple other boards I check out

I think this board will be most interested in the Topps Debut compared to the others BUT I am not sure how big of a following since many won't be autos and that seems to be what is fancied here

The parallels will sell well (just look at the prices for the color BDP) but the base will be "blah"

I think companies realized that the set collectors have dwindled (but still exist) but the real rippers are those chasing for the low #s and parallels

Now someone please help me stop bidding on Jared Mitchell cards
I am OCD and cannot stop

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I think some fracturing will occur among *collectors*, but Debut would probably be good for *sellers*.

Some established collectors such as myself find it kinda offensive that MiLB players are shown in MLB unis and logos and would be drawn more to Debut - although personally I'm not much into MiLB anyway. But novice collectors with little MiLB knowledge will probably contiue to prefer the MLB logo being unable to indentify with MiLB teams.

Sellers will continue to pimp both brands just like one would expect and might come out ahead with another new brand and stock to move.

Halonut said:
the bowman line isn't going anywhere...topps will be producing a milb licensed set but collectors will still pay a premium for cards featuring mlb logos.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Prospectors will see the new products and come back to realize that Bowman Chrome and BDP are still the best prospecting products available.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts