Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Triple Threads question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
For any of you guys who opened this product the question is about quality control. I have a bunch of auto/gu cards that have a red ink/dye at the top left corner of the card. You can really only see this from a side view. Has anyone seen this with their cards

100_2599.jpg

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
'Tis the blood of the abused Topps factory workers. Nobody ever goes in, nobody ever comes out..... :evil: :evil: :evil:

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
This seriously could have happened. Its odd and I cant figure it out. Wondering if anyone else has seen this

brouthercard said:
'Tis the blood of the abused Topps factory workers. Nobody ever goes in, nobody ever comes out..... :evil: :evil: :evil:

GTJ558

Jan 26, 2009
jcmint said:
For any of you guys who opened this product the question is about quality control. I have a bunch of auto/gu cards that have a red ink/dye at the top left corner of the card. You can really only see this from a side view. Has anyone seen this with their cards

100_2599.jpg

looks like the quality control bug has bitten again Joe...ie Chrome.

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
jcmint said:

100_2599.jpg
It's magenta ink. Cards are print in CMYK...cyan, magenta, yellow, black. It is someone being stupid and sloppy. Or the cutter operator not giving a rats ass about what was cut before those cards.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Thanks Sneeks youve been thanked.

sneekc said:
jcmint said:

100_2599.jpg
It's magenta ink. Cards are print in CMYK...cyan, magenta, yellow, black. It is someone being stupid and sloppy. Or the cutter operator not giving a rats ass about what was cut before those cards.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I have a Pujols patch with the same red stain at the bottom of the card. I got a good deal on it at a shop because of the printing stain.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Looks like I have to contact Topps. Its been years since I have. Is Cathy still in Customer Service.

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
jcmint said:
Looks like I have to contact Topps. Its been years since I have. Is Cathy still in Customer Service.
Not sure about Cathy, but good luck with CS. Topps has been incredibly difficult as of late.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
sneekc said:
jcmint said:
Not sure about Cathy, but good luck with CS. Topps has been incredibly difficult as of late.

That is what I am hearing. They used to be very cool. I am not asking for the "oh I did not get my auto in my box". I actually have cards with dye on them.

Members online

Latest posts