Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Quick post: Got a laptop ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Probably shouldn't be in the baseball section, but, since I do most of my posting in the baseball section, I'll post here.

Got the lap top. This weekend is when I'll try to add pics of my JJ stuff and get a photo bucket. Is there any way to get wireless w/out getting internet yourself or w/out trying to randomly guess someone else's password ?

Take care and have a safe New Years celebration.

- Dave.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
55_marlins_sp said:
Probably shouldn't be in the baseball section, but, since I do most of my posting in the baseball section, I'll post here.

Got the lap top. This weekend is when I'll try to add pics of my JJ stuff and get a photo bucket. Is there any way to get wireless w/out getting internet yourself or w/out trying to randomly guess someone else's password ?

Take care and have a safe New Years celebration.

- Dave.

Drive around until you find an unsecured network. That's what I use to do when I was at my parents beach house. Usually schools, starbucks, dunkin donuts were decent spots.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Find certain places like Hastings, Buffalo Wild Wings, Starbucks, coffee houses, colleges, etc.

Other than that, search for a wireless signal near your house/apartment that is unsecure.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
Off the top of my head both Borders and McDonalds offer free wireless. I think every Borders has it and the newer McDonalds do.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Eh, piggybacking on someone else's wireless isn't always the best idea (security-wise). It's possible to find them though; my Hollywood apartment had three different password-free networks with various levels of connectivity strength.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Ill also add Panera to the list of free wifi. There is a term for driving around in your card looking for an open
signal, its called war-driving. Good Luck

Kevin