Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Teixeira deal could be done tonight or tomorrow monring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Manny signs with the Yankees regardless. He doesn't care what other free agents sign where; he'll get his $$ from whoever is offering.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Damn I hope he doesn't go to Boston. I would hope he would go to a team where he would be appreciated and they can build around him instead of throwing him into an already inflated lineup of stars. Perhaps Baltimore or Washington?

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
blanning71 said:
Damn I hope he doesn't go to Boston. I would hope he would go to a team where he would be appreciated and they can build around him instead of throwing him into an already inflated lineup of stars. Perhaps Baltimore or Washington?

saw THAT coming lol

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Hey, if Zimmerman can come back healthy, and his second half numbers showed that this year, Tex could be a big relief off of him. It has been quoted that Zimmerman is THE guy that Washington wanted to build around. He has also been quoted as pressing too hard. A Teixiera type player in DC could help him become an even better player and hell, the overall objective is for the Nats NOT to lose 100 games in a season! Its a long long long shot and a snowball's chance in hell, but hey, I can dream can't I?

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
So we're either looking at another athlete who is all about the money and going against what he said he wanted (winning team on the east coast) or we're looking at the Red Sox calling a Boras bluff. We pretty much know that there were better offers than what the Red Sox put out there, but they were the situation that best met his preferences. I'm sure Boras was throwing around the figures from the Nationals and Orioles trying to get the Red Sox to match it even if Teix was willing to take the reduced contract to play for a winner.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I may be biased here but I just don't see Tex signing with the Nationals. If he is going to be play for non-contender next year (next year only ;) ) it will be the Orioles. The O's were his fav team growing up, he's from the Baltimore area, and the Orioles are offering more money per year than the Nationals.

Honestly, if the Red Sox aren't in the picture I could see him going to either the Angels or Orioles now.

EDIT: I see the Orioles making a serious run in 2010 or 2011 with their young pitching staff they have developing and Wieters will have a year or two under his belt in the MLB.

sportscardtheory said:
Pine Tar said:
sportscardtheory said:
Looks like Tex will not be signing with the Red Sox.
I just saw that. I hope the Yankees do sign him. I have some stuff I would like to move.
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

It will most likely be the Nationals, Angels or the Orioles... I say the Nationals.

Members online

Latest posts