Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Garfield Show Pick-Ups (nice steal) and recent mail w/scans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GioCollector1089

Aug 7, 2008
Clifton, New Jersey
First some recent Gio pickups. I have others but they werent worth scanning or are redemptions. I guess I forgot to scan my Heritage red auto /60 though. Sorry for the poor scans. Im still trying to figure out this new scanner. The one chrome is an xfractor and the Topps is a Wal-Mart exclusive black-border.

GioHeritage.jpg

And now some pickups from todays show. I also picked up a couple refractors that i didnt bother scanning as well as busted a box of LOST trading cards. It was cheap so I figured Id give it a try. It was fun for the price I paid.

First, a Jonny Flynn patch for my Cuse collection. Its /25. Paid $10.
Flynn.jpg

Then this Carl Crawford RC. Already have one, but have been looking to pick up more. Very underrated card. Paid $25 if I remember correctly.
Crawford.jpg

And finally, this Aaron Boone auto. If you are not familiar with this card, it is Boone's only auto in a Yankee jersey, and it was (hopefully still is) a decently sought after card. I have always looked for these cards at shows and was lucky enough to find one at a show a few years back cheap and flip it for a decent amount. Today I came across my second. Paid $15. Very much worth the risk in my book.
Boone.jpg

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Yes sir that was me. He was pretty darn steep on that and I think you paid 7 for the blue right? I can't believe people still look in the beckett for prices lol.

GioCollector1089

Aug 7, 2008
Clifton, New Jersey
Yeah, it was surprising to see how little he knew about prospects and pricing considering how many he made. I probably overpaid a bit on the Dixon, but I was chatting him and the older guy up for a while, and they were nice, so I bought it anyway.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
GioCollector1089 said:
Yeah, it was surprising to see how little he knew about prospects and pricing considering how many he made. I probably overpaid a bit on the Dixon, but I was chatting him and the older guy up for a while, and they were nice, so I bought it anyway.

Yeah very true. I pulled a Trout chrome auto at the show and it was badly OC. I sold it to him for 16, which wasn't that bad.

yankees23657

Aug 7, 2008
Nice Boone pickup, i have been looking for one for awhile, but gave up when the last couple i saw went for around 50 on EBAY. It is such a great looking card!
-Aaron

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
You collect Gio?

my chrome boxes have been spitting out refractors like crazy (blue and gold? maybe orange) along with stupid wbc cards. Two boxes, still only 2 base chrome prospects :/

Either way, shoot me a pm with your addy.

Members online

Latest posts