Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is there one card you regret NOT buying?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zookerman182

Aug 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL
I know there are plenty of prospectors here that regret buying stashes of players and maybe even some player collectors that regret buying certain cards of thier player.

But is there anyone here who regrets not buying a card when they had the chance? If so which card do you regret not owning and why did you not pick it up in the first place.

Mine has to be the Prince Fielder RC Bowman Chrome superfractor. I had a chance to buy it for $800 and passed (within a month of its release). At the time i didnt have enough money for it but i probably could have struck a deal with the seller to obtain the card over time. He decided to sell it to someone else and not only would the card cost me more than $800 now, but the current owner wont even think about moving it. Its just one of those things i guess.

Anyone else have any stories?

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
I regret a couple of them:

Before call-up, someone listed a 10ct lot of David Price chromes for a BIN of $20. Wish I'd have hit that.

Also, someone (idiot) sold a BGS 8.5 Madison Bumgarner 2007 Draft refractor that ended under $5 if I remember correctly. Raws could get $12 dlvd at the time.

Ant

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
In summer 2007 there was a lot of Josh Johnson cards that included 7 gold refs and 25-30 refractors that went for just over 200. I really regret not pulling the trigger on that.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Hanley Ramirez 2003 Bowman Heritage Gold Rainbow 1/1

Sold for a little over $200, but I had just purchased the Bowmans Best Blue and Red autos for quite a bit so I couldn't go after the heritage. I wish I could get that card now.

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
the christy mathewson 1/1 cut autograph that mike (200lbhockeyplayer) pulled a few years back. granted, i didn't have the money then, but i wish i had a chance to buy it now for the price he sold it for (somewhere in the neighborhood of $7,000).

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
Pujols Chrome Auto for 2,000 last year. I was in it to the last minute of the auction and just backed out.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
1997 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Black....Went around $500 but I had no clue about the rarity at the time. now I've been looking for it ever since.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
You know those Upper Deck Black USA patch/auto cards?

Sometime last summer, there was a BIN on two of them in one lot: Berkman and Oswalt.

BIN price: $35.

They sold for more then $25 a piece back then.

I still regret not pulling the trigger (I was watching other auctions and missed out on all but 2....and they were low end :( ).

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
Yes, a few:

There was a time-frame where Jhoulys Chacin rare parallels were coming up. A couple of golds /5 and one /3.

A Casey Weathers EE 1/1 AU, showed up.

Why did I not pull the trigger on any of these? Memorabilia card phase. ::facepalm::

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Really only one...

The Reynolds/Martinez dual Sweet Spot auto (2007) Black 1/1 showed up and somehow I missed it when it ended. It closed at about $80 or so I think...I would have easily dropped $100+ on it.

Not really anything else I can think of that I didn't get that I wanted...

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
I have one that comes to mind. I was watching a 2008 BC Ike Davis Red Refractor auto and was in it until the end. I forget exactly what it went for but apparently, it was me and only one other bidder. Something pulled me away from my computer shortly before the auction concluded and I wound up losing it by $5.00. Should've set my minimum higher. :evil:

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
2005 John Smoltz Upper Deck SP Authentic Chirography Signatures Auto /15

Seller had one on ebay on a 7 day auction and I convinced him to put it up with a $35 BIN. Someone hit it before I did. Haven't see one since.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
07 Bowman Chrome RED REFRACTOR Will Venable Auto... went for $89 at release and I really couldn't afford it at the time- figured I'd just get the next one whenever it showed up. I've never seen another. It's the only card I'm missing for the Rainbow - I even have 3 of the auto'd plates!

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Forgot all about an auction for a Cirillo Showcase Masterpiece once. It sold for $20. Might not sound as horrible as others but it still haunts me

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
I only have one that sticks in my mind. It was a Ryan Braun Blue Refractor Auto PSA 10. Could have been had for a little over $100 at the time and then he was called up and the exact same card was selling for $750 at the time. I was in college and just couldn't pull the trigger on a chance even though I had the money. I will always regret that.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
Last baseball Offseason, 2008 Bowman Chrome Alex Liddi Superfractor 1/1 in an Ebay store for $100. He had just hit .230 in his second season in Low Class A at Wisconsin and even though he was just 19 at the time... I didnt see it panning out-

Members online