Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Quest for a 2005 Finest Milton Bradley Xfractor Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Hello all-

The purpose of this thread is to invite you along the journey with me as I seek to acquire a 2005 Finest Milton Bradley Xfractor autograph for my collection. I am starting with $16.99 paypal, and I will not budge on my initial investment. I know that it's going to take a lot of scouring all over the internet, probably some underhanded wheeling and dealing in dimly lit parking garages, and undoubtedly a few physical acts with unwilling farm animals, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to add this card to my collection.

As you know, this card is undoubtedly a cornerstone of our hobby. The base (also known as the base refractor) version of the Milton Bradley autograph has driven generations of collectors mad as they try to track down this "holy grail" of the modern card market. The image depicted is beyond iconic, as it shows a man not only struggling to reach first base, but one struggling with his own inner demons. The fire in Bradley's eyes has been compared to the heat of a thousand suns. As he struggles to find his place in the sport, bouncing from team to team, being a cancer in one locker room after another, so have copies this card bounced from one collector to another, driving each one insane in his desire to possess an even better copy. Some have even claimed that the card is cursed, and the documentary produced by the History Channel only added to these speculations.

As the legend of the refractor card has become a part of the collective unconscious of America, there is another level of insanity to the situation. Unbeknownst to many who devote their life to the challenge of locating the Bradley refractor, an even scarcer version of the card exists - the Xfractor version. While the base refractor is unnumbered, the Xfractor version is limited to a scant 25 copies. Its origins are shrouded in mystery, but most experts agree that they were forged by dwarves in the fires of Mordor between six and seven thousand years ago. The Xfractors were produced completely independently from the rest of the set, as the carbon dating in the History Channel special proved. While the base refractors were released in packs, the only way to obtain an Xfractor was to collect all twelve redemption cards from packs, then redeem them in person at Topps headquarters in New York City. Upon redemption, those holding all twelve redemption cards were immediately subjected to a series of "Feats of Strength" across the globe, culminating in an Indian Leg Wrestling match with newly signed Topps Spokesperson Alex Rodriguez. Only those who passed these grueling tests were allowed to go home with the card, and as a result only four of the planned 25 copies are known to exist.

So here begins my epic journey to finally locate a copy of this card for myself. I will not be going after one of the four known copies, since they currently reside in permanent exhibits (one each at the Louvre, Smithsonian, the British Museum, and Burbank Sportscards.) I will become a modern day card collecting Indiana Jones, exploring all possible avenues until I either find the card, become convinced that one doesn't exist, or (worst case scenario) perish in the process. I look forward to sharing my adventures with you, and I will keep you updated with each step of the process and as new discoveries are made. I hope you are as excited for this quest as I am, and I look forward to any comments or criticism.

zookerman182

Aug 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL
You are making a big mistake. All i ask is that you think a little harder about this before you make this journey. Its a jungle out there, i dont think you know what you are getting yourself into.

Goodluck my friend

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Success!!!

[ebay:3jk9cnq9]360220897040[/ebay:3jk9cnq9]

Thanks to all who have been with with me on this long and perilous journey! It hasn't been easy, but it has undoubtedly been worth it.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
Another copy can be found inside the trunk of this car.....

boomets.jpg

Members online

Latest posts