Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FAKE OR REAL?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Man, I hate putting in my 2 cents on this subject but I would have to say fake. From all the patches I have seen, the patches are put in the frame at random. That thing is just too well centered to me. The MLB logo is lined up just perfectly. I would have to be the ass that says fake though. Perhaps it is real and if it is, what a beautiful card.

Flashmelo

Jun 1, 2009
UpdateRaulIbanez1.jpg

UpdateRyanHoward1.jpg

-rb.jpg
ri.jpg
MT250.jpg
AJ115.jpg
AJ143.jpg

these are the other patched used in this series,

can it be really different like this?

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
I'm going to say fake. Last year you saw patches from this set with the team logo, but not the actual all-star logo, because they were kept to make the foldouts from this year's Triple Threads. Obviously I don't know for sure, but I'd bet that they'll do the same for next year's Triple Threads, especially since they're using the Futures Game logos in Pro Debut, so they seem to think they're on to something. Also, it's just a far better patch than any others I've seen from the set. Plus, they just listed a Roberto Alomar from Sterling that looks really fake.

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
I would say fake. The top of the patch appears to be cut off. Also because the Flacco SP Patch/auto, Alomar Patch and Percy Harvin patch (closed auction) all appear to good to be true. Seller also has had, what appeared to be, a full 2008 AFLAC signed set listed. As well as bunch of Rookie Premier autos.

Also the Percy Harvin is the only item that had the pic deleted since it ended, except the AFLAC autos.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
I didn't even notice the seller. They are definitely not on my Christmas card list based on the number of rare Topps
52 autos they've come up with (driving down the prices on the "real" ones I bought when they first came out.)

I retract my original statement. Yes, the card is only numbered to 6, and it says "All-Star Jersey Patch", but I didn't even notice this the first time I looked at it. Look above the bird's head and you can see an obvious flaw in the manufacture (or remanufacture) of this card.

1475JOEMAUERJUMBOLOGO1218.gif

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
apm-cards was also the seller of that altered Pujols RC bought from wolverine24. Unsure who did the altering.

http://freedomcardboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63201&p=827119&hilit=+apm+cards#p827119

Well, it has shown back up on Ebay, now it's #442/500, not #1/500, with the same forged Pujols signature that it originally had when it was sold by wolverine24. But.... this time it's slabbed and graded by SGC as a MINT 9. This card has obviously been worked all the way around, and for SGC to not catch any of it, is really concerning.. I'm not accusing apm-cards as the alterer of the serial number after it left wolverine24, but I am saying that someone clearly done more altering of the card after the sale from wolverine24, and before it was slabbed by SGC.

Someone has a bucket of bad buybacks/patches etc that apm-cards has sold. I think it was a member on here.

zookerman182

Aug 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL
mudflap02 said:
I didn't even notice the seller. They are definitely not on my Christmas card list based on the number of rare Topps
52 autos they've come up with (driving down the prices on the "real" ones I bought when they first came out.)

I retract my original statement. Yes, the card is only numbered to 6, and it says "All-Star Jersey Patch", but I didn't even notice this the first time I looked at it. Look above the bird's head and you can see an obvious flaw in the manufacture (or remanufacture) of this card.

1475JOEMAUERJUMBOLOGO1218.gif

After seeing that patch botch i will change my answer to fake also. This is the exact reason i stopped collecting patches. Its just getting too hard to collect and i then end up questioning every card in my collection. Thats no fun.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
lovethatsticky said:
I would say real, but if you need to question it yourself before buying it, I would say don't buy it then.
you would be 100% wrong. You can see the botched job also on the lower part above the "a" all star. Nice bend from when this tool mucked up.

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
nyc3 said:
lovethatsticky said:
I would say real, but if you need to question it yourself before buying it, I would say don't buy it then.
you would be 100% wrong. You can see the botched job also on the lower part above the "a" all star. Nice bend from when this tool mucked up.

WAS JUST GONNA POST THAT :x

baseballguy350

Dec 7, 2008
Boston, MA / Longboat Key, FL
If you look closely at the patch on [ebay:2xnxcldz]330392132067[/ebay:2xnxcldz],
1474REGGIEJACKSONSSJUMBOLOGO1036.gif,
you can see that the window seems to be damaged. This card was also sold previously, within the last month, as I have researched sales of it (since I have one up for auction now).

When it was FIRST listed, there was a high resolution scan, and I am pretty positive that there was NOT any damage to the window. Maybe apm was trying to fake this patch as well. If anyone has access to older searches, I think you can find this when it was first listed by searching "reggie jackson sweet".

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
The Patches are more than likley fake. I have bought from Amp before and he does sale plenty of fakes. He mixes it up quite a bit as maybe to try and throw people off :? As for the Reggie the Creasing could have came from production as I have seen plenty of those jumbos with the Window corner creasing. I am not sure what causes it to happen but it is also a problem with a lot of 05 absolute even when they come out pack fresh.

Members online