Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Alright I Have A Paypal Question Concerning Pending Balance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
Alright, I opened up my own paypal account a few weeks ago. I sold a few things on ebay the other day and those people paid. However, my total balance is right, but it says I have a pending balance? I have never had that before in any situation? Is it something new? I tried to transfer all my fund to my bank, but it would not let me transfer the pending balance. When does that money not becoming pending?

francisjniskey

Oct 28, 2008
Check this out:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/questions/pending.html

Why is my payment being held?
Most PayPal payments are processed immediately. However, if you're a new seller, if you're selling an item in a fraud risk category, or if you've received some low Detailed Seller Ratings (DSRs), your payment may be held until we are confident that the buyer received the item.

Here are some reasons we might hold your payment:

If you've been an eBay member for less than 6 months, and haven't sold very much on eBay yet

If you've a Feedback score of less than 100, and don't have a record of good performance

If you've a buyer dissatisfaction percentage* of 5% or greater

If your average detailed seller rating (DSR) is less than 4.5

If you've received fewer than 20 detailed seller ratings in the last 12 months

If your item is in a high-risk category, such as gift certificates, video games, cell phones, computers, or consumer electronics

If there's an open dispute or claim on the transaction

If the payment is being held in reserve

*Buyer dissatisfaction percentage is measured by calculating negative events as a percentage of your transactions. Negative events include negative and neutral Feedback, Detailed seller ratings of 2 or lower, and disputes for items not received or significantly not as described.

When will my payment be released?
In most cases, PayPal will release the payment:

24 hours after the buyer leaves positive Feedback

3 days after PayPal confirms that the item was delivered

21 days after the payment was sent as long as there was no dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal filed for the transaction

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
francisjniskey said:
Check this out:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/questions/pending.html

Why is my payment being held?
Most PayPal payments are processed immediately. However, if you're a new seller, if you're selling an item in a fraud risk category, or if you've received some low Detailed Seller Ratings (DSRs), your payment may be held until we are confident that the buyer received the item.

If you've been an eBay member for less than 6 months, and haven't sold very much on eBay yet

If you've a Feedback score of less than 100, and don't have a record of good performance

If your item is in a high-risk category, such as gift certificates, video games, cell phones, computers, or consumer electronics

If there's an open dispute or claim on the transaction

If the payment is being held in reserve

*Buyer dissatisfaction percentage is measured by calculating negative events as a percentage of your transactions. Negative events include negative and neutral Feedback, Detailed seller ratings of 2 or lower, and disputes for items not received or significantly not as described.

When will my payment be released?
In most cases, PayPal will release the payment:

24 hours after the buyer leaves positive Feedback

3 days after PayPal confirms that the item was delivered

21 days after the payment was sent as long as there was no dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal filed for the transaction

Wow this is dumb.

francisjniskey

Oct 28, 2008
Tell me about it. My wife and I are starting a selling account so we will have to deal with it too. We have a buying account and have been on there for quite a few years and have over 2500 feedback at 100% but don't want to have that account negged with some of the morons on Ebay so we will be in the same boat as you by starting over.

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
francisjniskey said:
Tell me about it. My wife and I are starting a selling account so we will have to deal with it too. We have a buying account and have been on there for quite a few years and have over 2500 feedback at 100% but don't want to have that account negged with some of the morons on Ebay so we will be in the same boat as you by starting over.

Yep oh well. I am wondering if you can use it, but you just cant transfer it to the bank?

francisjniskey

Oct 28, 2008
I am pretty sure nothing can be done with it until it is released.

arod305 said:
francisjniskey said:

Yep oh well. I am wondering if you can use it, but you just cant transfer it to the bank?

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
francisjniskey said:

arod305 said:
francisjniskey said:

Its not so bad, as soon as feedback was left the payments were released. I just wonder how long it will continue for?

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
They held $2000 dollars when I first started selling.

Just provided them all the tracking info and a couple days later it was released back to me.

francisjniskey

Oct 28, 2008
Looks like they do it until you meet the criteria I posted above in the thread :( :

arod305 said:
francisjniskey said:

arod305 said:
francisjniskey said:

Its not so bad, as soon as feedback was left the payments were released. I just wonder how long it will continue for?

bozemanbreaker

Mar 20, 2009
Salina, KS
It protects you as a seller as well. I received a payment from some dude with almost zero feedback/history and they held a couple hundred for a day or two until it cleared. Not a huge deal.

Members online

Latest posts