Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How to use AMEX gift card with paypal??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Im probably missing something obvious but i can't seem to figure out how to use my AMEX gift card with paypal. I need to send $100 to someone. The gift card is $50, but i tried adding it as a CC and sending a $50 payment but that didn't work. Can anyone help?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
try having the recipient send you a PP invoice. that might allow you to use the AMEX. I don't know this for sure, but it's a thought; maybe someone can confirm this?

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Probably can't do it directly because gift cards are not associated with a street address. I wonder if you can add it to your own paypal balance first?

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
uniquebaseballcards said:
Probably can't do it directly because gift cards are not associated with a street address. I wonder if you can add it to your own paypal balance first?

Yea, i tried to do that but couldn't figure it out. Guess im just gonna have to go use it at a physical store and use my regular CC for this purchase. oh well.

Thanks to all

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
mredsox89 said:
uniquebaseballcards said:

Yea, i tried to do that but couldn't figure it out. Guess im just gonna have to go use it at a physical store and use my regular CC for this purchase. oh well.

Thanks to all
pretty sure you cant use it in that capacity bro. :!:

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
You cant use them for paypal, gas stations and other type of purchase that gets pre approval. Usually say's that on the card.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Marro said:
You cant use them for paypal, gas stations and other type of purchase that gets pre approval. Usually say's that on the card.

Yea, that is what I thought, but for some reason i thought i remembered using one on paypal before, but i could and probably am mistaken.

Thanks for all the help.

hawkfandan

Aug 7, 2008
4600 North Chicago, IL
If you want to use them for regular online purchase, you have to call the number on the back and register them. This way when they put it thru for approval, the card shows up as belonging to you. That's what Amex told me last week. As for Paypal, they said that 'it might work, if the seller accepts Amex, but probably wouldn't for a normal paypal purchase, even if added as a credit card.' Gee thanks. I used mine online at the Apple store and didn't have any issues.

Members online

Latest posts