Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What would be the greatest memorabilia item(s) ever

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Assuming it isn't already in the H0F and you had Danny Ocean skills for obtaining something if it came to that; what would be the greatest One-of-a-Kind, SUPER 1/1 piece/set of baseball memorabilia you can think of. I have my opinion, but I want to see if anyone has the same idea or trumps it.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Roy Hobbs bat :lol:

Well, more seriously, Black Betsy (I know it is for sale somewhere) or the original contract of Ruth sell to the Yankees

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
ill give you my top 10 (not in any order)
1. Babes 1st homerun bat
2. Aarons 715th HR bat
3. Maris' 61st HR bat
4. Gehrigs Rookie Jersey
5. Ruths Rooie Jersey
6. Eddie Gaedels Jersey
7. Black Betsy
8. any prewar Hof'er signifigant Bat or Jersey
9. Ty Cobb sharpened spikes
10. Clemente 300th hit bat

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
Babe Ruth's first professional home run ball. The game was in Canada and the ball ended up in a river.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
r2d2 said:
Roy Hobbs bat :lol:

Well, more seriously, Black Betsy (I know it is for sale somewhere) or the original contract of Ruth sell to the Yankees

The original contract came up on auction maybe last year or 2008..

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
OK, my idea was the Name Plate collection from the Louisville Slugger factory. I don't know how many of you have ever taken the tour, but those branding nameplates are the most amazing thing I've ever seen.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Interesting, but I'd rather have the three balls Babe hit in/out of Forbes Field to end his career. If I correctly recall, he was the first to mash one out of Forbes even though he was nothing like his former self, he went out in a blaze of glory.

17ROCKIES12 said:
Babe Ruth's first professional home run ball. The game was in Canada and the ball ended up in a river.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Top ten greatest memorablilia items ever:

10. Phil Mickelson's training bra
9. Roger Clemens' syringe
8. Mordecai's missing two fingers
7. Derek Jeter's matching halo and angel wings
6. Pat Riley's hair gel
5. Evander's ear
4. Michael Phelp's bodysuit
3. Jessica Alba's bodysuit
2. O.J.'s glove
and the number one greatest memorabilia item of all time:

1. A smile on Tom Landry's face

i can not get over that with all the righteous smart people on our board that no one came up with the 1 item that HANDS DOWN would fetch more then any ruth, cobb, gehrig , any pre war or post war player item ever. It's been talked about many times, and no one knows what happened to it , the 1 item that i along with many collectors feel would be the most saught after and highest selling item that if it ever was found and came up for auction would be....

The ball that was hit and named " THE SHOT HEARD ROUND THE WORLD"

Oct. 1951 Polo Grounds. Bobby Thompsons' HR off of Ralph Branca. That ball would break any record for any memorabilia item. The highest selling peice of memorabilia so far has been Mac's 70th followed by the Wagner T206. But the Thompson/Branca ball would beat both of them.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
i can not get over that with all the righteous smart people on our board that no one came up with the 1 item that HANDS DOWN would fetch more then any ruth, cobb, gehrig , any pre war or post war player item ever. It's been talked about many times, and no one knows what happened to it , the 1 item that i along with many collectors feel would be the most saught after and highest selling item that if it ever was found and came up for auction would be....

The ball that was hit and named " THE SHOT HEARD ROUND THE WORLD"

Oct. 1951 Polo Grounds. Bobby Thompsons' HR off of Ralph Branca. That ball would break any record for any memorabilia item. The highest selling peice of memorabilia so far has been Mac's 70th followed by the Wagner T206. But the Thompson/Branca ball would beat both of them.
I know the bat is in the HOF. Anyone know where the ball is?

Members online