Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is this our very own JCMINT exposing Burge in Tuff Stuff?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
Just got the new Tuff Stuff and in the "Whats wrong with the Hobby" article, I THINK its our own JCMINT who sent in a great piece ripping Burge and others who are seling crap and fake stuff on Ebay.

He also listed about 15 ebay names of fakers and many of them are Burge accounts.

Im not going to write the article as it is basically what Joe has been saying all along on these boards.

NOW IF I AM WRONG AND ITS NOT JCMINT PLEASE CORECT ME and accept my appology.
The name given in the article is Joe Pa............(wont list it)

Since Beckett and Ebay dont care, maybe Tuff Stuff does.

hawkfandan

Aug 7, 2008
4600 North Chicago, IL
That's awesome. You gotta think law enforcement will take notice. Maybe the same post office inspectors or whomever it was that showed up at the National two years ago? If Beckett cared about the hobby at all, they'd do the same. ::facepalm::

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
To whoever it was:

applause.jpg

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
At the end of the day folks have to ask why they do what they do. Unfortunately some businesses, which were founded with intentions to do the best for the hobby, are now at a point where money is the bottom line. I have had my frustrations with Beckett for quite awhile over the way they classify Cal Ripken, Jr.'s minor league cards. When they did an interview with me to try to clear the air they changed some of what I said to only add to the confusion. I can see why it might not be a big deal to them since it's just minor league cards of Cal. However, as a group dedicated to the hobby, they should be willing to have accurate information in what they sell.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Congrats to whoever wrote it, and thumbs up to Tuff Stuff for running it. Who knows, maybe Tuff Stuff might get more readers if they were to run more stories like that.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Sean_C said:
Congrats to whoever wrote it, and thumbs up to Tuff Stuff for running it. Who knows, maybe Tuff Stuff might get more readers if they were to run more stories like that.

There is an opening in that niche as Beckett has gone to ****. First the dropped the majority of the articles, and I still bought, but once they severely cut down the product preview/review section (only about a page now and they don't cover all the releases), I finally stopped. There isn't one reason to buy that garbage.

Jul 30, 2009
I dont know why people are complaining about Beckett. I mean, you guys cant tell me you DONT enjoy looking at 10 pages of Nascar Die Cast pricing which NEVER moves in price instead of, oh, I dont know, pricing for Refs, X's, BLues and Gold refractors and every single Pujols rookie card made (not to mention Crosby and LeBron too).

To that I present my first ever inclusion of :benson:

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Damn i wish i knew where to buy a Tuff Stuff these days. Didn't they change the name of the mag well over a year ago now? I used to be able to buy the Tuff Stuff at every Wal Mart and a few 7/11's by my house, but ever since they changed the name, none of these stores get it anymore, kinda sucks it was good reading material for work :)

If you can, why don't you scan and post the article so we can all see it, please?

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Sorry to disappoint Mike but this was not me. I know I preach about these losers all the time but kudos to someone else.

George K

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
G $MONEY$ said:
Damn i wish i knew where to buy a Tuff Stuff these days. Didn't they change the name of the mag well over a year ago now? I used to be able to buy the Tuff Stuff at every Wal Mart and a few 7/11's by my house, but ever since they changed the name, none of these stores get it anymore, kinda sucks it was good reading material for work :)

If you can, why don't you scan and post the article so we can all see it, please?

Same here. I used to able to buy Tuff Stuff in my loca CVS. They haven't carried it in over a year. I thought the publication went of business before this post.

Latest posts