Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1 Pack of 2009 Topps Tribute Solid to say the least..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DukeandKSUFanatic

Aug 8, 2008
I decided after i picked up my paycheck today to go get some cards from the local shop had no intention of getting any Topps Tribute but I sure am glad I did haha. Pulled this card /75.

scan0015.jpg

DukeandKSUFanatic

Aug 8, 2008
the 1st 2 appear to be a bat and a jersey. I just didnt know what the last piece was now that you mention it, it does look alot like a piece of a seat.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
DukeandKSUFanatic said:
the 1st 2 appear to be a bat and a jersey. I just didnt know what the last piece was now that you mention it, it does look alot like a piece of a seat.
Does the back of the card give any specifics?

Regardless, it's an amazing one pack pull from a rarely hit, mostly miss product.

DukeandKSUFanatic

Aug 8, 2008
yea i can it will just take a lil while since i have dial up haha.

All the back says is This is a memorabilia Card of:
New York Yankees Outfielder Babe Ruth from 2009 Topps Tribute Baseball.
The relics contained in this card are not from any specific game, even or season.
Then it has his Major League batting record.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
Does it bother anyone else that the card companies can not specifically tie the game used pieces and memorabilia to anything......for all we know Babe Ruth never even wore that jersey or used that bat in an event or game....might have just sat in an equipment room somewhere.....worse yet, may not even have been his....wish there could be a little more to the pieces they use now like they did back in the late 90s and early 00s...especially Donruss.

TK

DukeandKSUFanatic

Aug 8, 2008
pujolsthomefan33 said:
Does it bother anyone else that the card companies can not specifically tie the game used pieces and memorabilia to anything......for all we know Babe Ruth never even wore that jersey or used that bat in an event or game....might have just sat in an equipment room somewhere.....worse yet, may not even have been his....wish there could be a little more to the pieces they use now like they did back in the late 90s and early 00s...especially Donruss.

TK
I agree with you its kind of weird that they never specify if it was game worn or not.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
A_Pharis said:
The first and last are definitely not the same items. It does look like bat/jersey/seat

I always wondered how someone verified an (insert player here) used seat?

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
First of all, I would like to congratulate the OP on a very impressive pull. Thats a heckuva lot better than a Sal Bando mem/auto card(no offense Sal, you da man!). But upon looking at it, does the jersey swatch seem to be off or is it just me? I have always seen Ruth pinstripes that were really faded and it seemed the material was more "fuzzy" than this swatch. This looks more like a Mantle era type pinstripe swatch than when Ruth suited up. Thoughts or am I just a moron? I will say that I don't follow Ruth swatch cards extensively but I have seen my fair share of them and something just seemed odd with this one.

francisjniskey

Oct 28, 2008
Also would like to congratulate you on the pull and if I pulled it I'd be happy too (obviously since I collect him). I think there is too much ambiguity (sp?) on what exactly the jersey patch is from for me to pick any of those up. Here is another Ruth for comparison. Oh and like I said if I pulled it I'd be happy with it. :D

This one is mine:
05AbsoluteBabeRuthTotTJerseyed15-25.jpg

Here is one from Ebay:
Bi820ugmkKGrHqIH-CoEs8WQHPmMBLRflTe.jpg

And a couple more from Ebay:
Bit7YwBGkKGrHqQOKigEsmoLqg8UBLRo3ot.jpg
Bi7uQBGkKGrHqIOKiIEsmlpMTHFBLRV9eFz.jpg

DukeandKSUFanatic said:
I decided after i picked up my paycheck today to go get some cards from the local shop had no intention of getting any Topps Tribute but I sure am glad I did haha. Pulled this card /75.

scan0015.jpg

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
It doesn't even say it's game used. Just a "memorabilia card of Babe Ruth." I work in advertising and can spot "wiggle words" when I see them. I doubt Ruth came close to these items.

The GU stuff these days is very questionable. It had to dry up sooner or later at the rate they were making cards. Nice GU cards of early HOFers from 2000-2002 should start commanding premiums.

This is how a GU card should be. Now that's a guarantee.

wilson01DC_front.jpg
wilson01DC_back.jpg

hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

The more I read, the more I don't like it. The card does not even refer to the relics as player specific. Just relics on a card with Babe's picture. Topps stayed quiet toooo long after T206 came out and there was an uproar about the game used Ruth bench or seat relic. They NEVER addressed the collectors on which it was.... Why? Because they had a high end product coming out that used the same damn seat cards and did not want to go public about it being a piece of wood from Yankee stadium. Come on Topps come clean. Why so vague about it being game used? To many questions arising... If gameused cards were not tanking already, this should be the end of them. You know how some collectors rip a box and throw all the base cards away? Soon all the base and game used will be tossed and only the RC's will be saved.

"Topps killing the hobby one collector at a time"

csojon

Jan 9, 2010
The newer player game used autographed cards say on the front "game worn..." but the older players do not. If Topps had the actual players jerseys in the cards they would market the hell out of it and they simply are not. I dont think I am going to waste my money on this product.

Keep safe guys,
Jon from Orlando

P.S. Looking for the Holy Grail 04 ultimate Fisk/10 if anyone knows where I can find one.

[email protected]