Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Minor League projection project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Guys, I am going to spearhead an idea of Projecting where the top prospects will play next year.
Anyone want to assist?

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
well we all read the B.A's top 10 prospects. Well lets do this.. lets compile a list of the players and project where we see them playing next year. So that lets say I go to see the Savannah Sand Gnats vs Rome Braves I know what prospects will be playing there..
so we could do that at all levels. depending on how many people join this "group" then we could make this available on the board for everyone. We could also bring Jaypers in (sorry, had to bring in the Messiah of prospecting) to utilize his top 10 prospects and project them.

sound good?

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
brianga26 said:
well we all read the B.A's top 10 prospects. Well lets do this.. lets compile a list of the players and project where we see them playing next year. So that lets say I go to see the Savannah Sand Gnats vs Rome Braves I know what prospects will be playing there..
so we could do that at all levels. depending on how many people join this "group" then we could make this available on the board for everyone. We could also bring Jaypers in (sorry, had to bring in the Messiah of prospecting) to utilize his top 10 prospects and project them.

sound good?

Not quite sure the higher levels (above high-A ball) are that difficult. It isn't hard to project that a guy like Derek Holland is going to AAA ball to begin 2009. But the lower levels would be more difficult, especially considering rookie-ball and low-A.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
well we won't do rookie league or short season.. too hard..
but Low A to AAA wouldn't be that hard..
top 10 for every team..

i.e. Angel Solome, would probably play at AAA maybe add in his RC for reference of what to get?

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Exactly.. some of the data would not be a "reach" b/c B.A already projects them for us i.e. Wilmer Flores
but then others, we might need to put our heads together.. Issac Gallowey, Xavier Avery..etc

Keep in mind only prospects. NOT suspects..

Members online

Latest posts