Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

= = = = = The Morning Thread = = = = =

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Morning Art & Barry! It's a chilly 24 degrees here but the Weather Channel says it feels like 14. Weekends going pretty good. Looks like the Cowboys will be going to Minnesota next week, Go Vikes! :D

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Morning all, still writing up the recap of yesterday. Have to do a little shopping quick though and cleaning so we can go watch the Pats today.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Good morning fellas! Great day yesterday!

I put together a private signing with Curtis Wilkerson. He does not sign TTM because it creeps him out. He even asked me how people get his address and how to stop it! I'm going to contact the places I know of and see what I can do to get him taken off of their lists.

Here are the scans of the haul. Not too bad at $8 a pop for a guy that is darn near impossible to get.

Signing1-2.jpg

Signing1-1.jpg

Signing1-3.jpg

Signing1-4.jpg

Signing1-5.jpg

For anyone confused about the McClendon card, it actually pictures Curtis Wilkerson. The collector from SCN wanted two so he could try to get one signed by McClendon and Wilkerson. (He already has one from McClendon, and now has two with Wilkerson)

Not only is Wilkerson ready and willing to do these signings again but he has set me up with Pete O'Brien, Steve Buechele, and Dave Clark!

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
chill factor 5 . coffee in hand HOT . ready for minor leagues but 90 days away . guess i'll sort somemore cards . Have a 10 pound box of Red Sox incoming most commons .
turning up thermostat mother in law is back today .

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
Good morning fellas. It has been a while since I've posted b/c I've been incredibly busy.

It's really depressing having a degree from a decent college then having to work 50+ hours a week for ~30k.

Why did I spend 60k on college again?!

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
morning folks.

today will be the first snow free day in 6 days :D . no shoveling and salting at work.

the Pens won 4-1 last night in Toronto to start their 5 game road trip.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Morning guys! Missed both NFL games yesterday. Not too disappointed but would have liked to have watched a little. Did watch Paranormal Activity last night. Eh, I'd give it a B-. Wasn't as shocking as I'd hoped.

Sabres lost in an 11-round shootout. Brought their 6-game win streak to an end. But they did come back from being down 2-0 which was good.

Therion-pretty cool autos of Wilkerson. What was the reason you set the signing up? I don't see that he played for the Stros.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
wideright said:
Morning guys! Missed both NFL games yesterday. Not too disappointed but would have liked to have watched a little. Did watch Paranormal Activity last night. Eh, I'd give it a B-. Wasn't as shocking as I'd hoped.

Sabres lost in an 11-round shootout. Brought their 6-game win streak to an end. But they did come back from being down 2-0 which was good.

Therion-pretty cool autos of Wilkerson. What was the reason you set the signing up? I don't see that he played for the Stros.

It all kinda happened by accident, really. I went to the Rangers FanFest last year and saw him there. Flash forward to early December and he walks into the store I work at. We got to talking and I knew that he was a tough signature. He told me how much TTMers creep him out and I asked if he'd sign if I had everything sent to me and just gave him the money directly. He thought it was a fantastic idea and said if it goes well he'll try to get some other guys for me.

I knew that a lot of people collect the 1987 Topps set autographed and he's in it. So I thought I'd make him a little money and help out some people with a tough autograph for a tough-to-finish set.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Dave sorry the Sabres winning streak ended but that shootout was crazy. there were quite a few shootouts last night and a lot of great games.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Therion said:
wideright said:

It all kinda happened by accident, really. I went to the Rangers FanFest last year and saw him there. Flash forward to early December and he walks into the store I work at. We got to talking and I knew that he was a tough signature. He told me how much TTMers creep him out and I asked if he'd sign if I had everything sent to me and just gave him the money directly. He thought it was a fantastic idea and said if it goes well he'll try to get some other guys for me.

I knew that a lot of people collect the 1987 Topps set autographed and he's in it. So I thought I'd make him a little money and help out some people with a tough autograph for a tough-to-finish set.
Ah, that's awesome. Nice job! I'm sure you made a lot of people happy with those cards.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Resident Piazza Fan said:
Sounds like it's pretty cold all over. Anyone get any new pick ups? baseball that is. (baseball that is)

Art are you excluding collector's of other sports or truck owners?

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
Resident Piazza Fan said:
Sounds like it's pretty cold all over. Anyone get any new pick ups? (baseball that is)

Well, I know 4 people that'll have pickups this week - whether they like it or not! :twisted:

Members online

Latest posts