Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Red-Refractor Selling Significantly Higher Than Superfractor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
I was hoping to use my eBay bucks to get this Red, but I couldn't bare myself to go higher than my final snipe of 77.01. During this time, the Super was up, with a SB of 299.99. On October 28, 2009, the Superfractor's first listing was a .99 style-listing. That auction ended at 46.

Not much has changed for Wilin, in those short months. He has gone up in the Rockies Top-ten, however, I recently purchased a Gold for 13 delivered (signifying, little to no influence). So, could the reason for the significant price increase, be the fact that the Superfractor had been listed at quite the high price, therefore increase the overall sale for the red?

Red Refractor: 77.77 (January 10, 2010
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... _500wt_975

Superfractor: 46.45 (October 28, 2009)
http://cgi.ebay.com/2009-BOWMAN-SUPERFR ... 715wt_1004

Superfractor (latter listing): 299.99 (January 10, 2010)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... _500wt_975

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
i tried and thought i was gonna be able to get for under $50 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

i also got a gold for under $14

the $77 was a shoker at the last minute there

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
Man, I thought I'd get it for fifty or so. I knew whoever placed forty at the top of the hour (come to find out it was you), I knew I'd need to give a bit more leeway. The only reason I didn't go 100, was because I'm hoping to cut a deal for the Superfractor (that did not get a bid at 299.99). I'd rather overpay on the Super, than on the Red.

Another reason I could think of the card going over 50, is the idea that three to four months, was enough to create the scarcity-factor. On top of the fact that that Red was the first to show up, in the year.

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
AND NO WORRIES ON BEING OUTBID ON THE SUPER :p ....ITS ALL URS...

IM HAPPY WITH THIS AND LESS

GOLD.jpg

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
CISCOKID23 said:
AND NO WORRIES ON BEING OUTBID ON THE SUPER :p ....ITS ALL URS...

IM HAPPY WITH THIS AND LESS

GOLD.jpg
Hehe

You have yourself a beauty, right there!

He's supposed to replace Iannetta, in 2-3 years. If you're looking to profit off of that baby: Good luck (not being sarcastic)! :)

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
A BIT OF BOTH......HOPING TO CASH IN AND STARTING TO TAKE A LIKING TO ROOKIE CATCHERS SINCE LAST YEAR THAT MUST SON WAS PUT TO CATCH ALL SEASON ...AND LOVED IT AND DID A GOOD JOB I MUST SAY :)

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
CISCOKID23 said:
A BIT OF BOTH......HOPING TO CASH IN AND STARTING TO TAKE A LIKING TO ROOKIE CATCHERS SINCE LAST YEAR THAT MUST SON WAS PUT TO CATCH ALL SEASON ...AND LOVED IT AND DID A GOOD JOB I MUST SAY :)
Ah, congrats.

Let me ask you a question: I'm assuming you didn't know what the Super's original price was? Would you have placed fifty on the red, if you would have known the Superfractor went for 46 dollars?

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
PROB WOULD HAVE....$49 WAS MY TOP...HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR A FEW OTHER PLAYERS RED'S BUT KEEP GETTING OUT BID :(

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
I see.

I think, the cheaper the Super, the likelier the price for the parallels catch up (in a sense). In other words, since the Superfractor went for less than 50, that makes for some volatile SV/CV for the parallels - I think.

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
I noticed this trend too. I just bought my Jeter red refractor and it almost sold as much as the superfractor did! Insane!!

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
Red might just look nicer

also you might have someone bold enough to try to build a red set (or at least team set)

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I only have one prospect superfractor, and I paid 8 dollars less then I did for the super. I hated doing it, and it was way too much but I wanted to build the rainbow (and as of now, it's the only red I've seen pop up so I guess it was a good decision in hindsight)

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
Derek2011 said:
As the seller, I was baffled that it went as high as it did. No complaints here though!

Congratulations; you should give me a second chance offer. :lol:

Looks like all we need is the winning bidder to come in, and tell us how much his maximum was.

Members online

Latest posts