Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is it to late to buy any Ryan Perry's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
Is it to late to make any money off this guy. Do you see him as a started or a reliver in the Big league

Any input is much appreciated

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
colts1888 said:
Is it to late to make any money off this guy. Do you see him as a started or a reliver in the Big league

Any input is much appreciated
dont waste your money.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I made some BIG money off him last season, but his stuff is at all time lows right now. I think his stuff will go up in the future when he becomes closer, but it could take a year or longer.

Guy has great stuff though, the only weakness he really showed in 09 was some inconsistency with his control. If he can iron that out, he can be a real shutdown closer.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
I made some BIG money off him last season, but his stuff is at all time lows right now. I think his stuff will go up in the future when he becomes closer, but it could take a year or longer.

Guy has great stuff though, the only weakness he really showed in 09 was some inconsistency with his control. If he can iron that out, he can be a real shutdown closer.

How could you make big money off him, his cards never broke $10?

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
EricInCT said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

His cards are down now, but the concept of prospecting is to buy cards before they see their peaks and settle at all-time low prices.

My Two biggest sales (ROI):

Elite auto /25- bought for $26.14, sold for $105

2008 FY Xfractor- bought for $3, graded for $5.92 (including shipping, graded 9.5), sold for $51

Also had a ton of chromes, base, golds from 2008 BDP and there was about a 3 week period where those tripled in price.

I also have moved a gold ref, two blues, three other xfractors and 8 refractors, all for profit.

I have two BGS 9.5 gold refs (the only two last time I checked), but I'm holding/keeping those.

The Superfractor (which I narrowly lost) was sold initially for a little over $300. It was sold for over $800.

So yeah, a lot of people might have missed the boat on him or overlooked him, but if you bought in before he had so many cards, and you sold at the right time, you were rewarded with a huge ROI.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
EricInCT said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":2bpdbfe8]I made some BIG money off him last season, but his stuff is at all time lows right now. I think his stuff will go up in the future when he becomes closer, but it could take a year or longer.

His cards are down now, but the concept of prospecting is to buy cards before they see their peaks and settle at all-time low prices.

2008 FY Xfractor- bought for $3, graded for $5.92 (including shipping, graded 9.5), sold for $51

Also had a ton of chromes, base, golds from 2008 BDP and there was about a 3 week period where those tripled in price.

I also have moved a gold ref, two blues, three other xfractors and 8 refractors, all for profit.

I have two BGS 9.5 gold refs (the only two last time I checked), but I'm holding/keeping those.

The Superfractor (which I narrowly lost) was sold initially for a little over $300. It was sold for over $800.

So yeah, a lot of people might have missed the boat on him or overlooked him, but if you bought in before he had so many cards, and you sold at the right time, you were rewarded with a huge ROI.[/quote:2bpdbfe8]

I pulled an Xfractor, got it graded for $6, and sold it for $5.50. It was a 9.5 too. :|

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Skorris CCBC said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":t9b7k0sd]
EricInCT said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":t9b7k0sd]I made some BIG money off him last season, but his stuff is at all time lows right now. I think his stuff will go up in the future when he becomes closer, but it could take a year or longer.

So yeah, a lot of people might have missed the boat on him or overlooked him, but if you bought in before he had so many cards, and you sold at the right time, you were rewarded with a huge ROI.[/quote:t9b7k0sd]

I pulled an Xfractor, got it graded for $6, and sold it for $5.50. It was a 9.5 too. :|[/quote:t9b7k0sd]

Yeah I moved a few things too late and didn't do nearly as well on them. His sell window was only a couple weeks long. I was actually pretty surprised when I got the guy's offer because it was about twice as much as I expected to get from the card.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
[quote="Skorris CCBC":yb6vha5w][quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":yb6vha5w]
EricInCT said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":yb6vha5w]I made some BIG money off him last season, but his stuff is at all time lows right now. I think his stuff will go up in the future when he becomes closer, but it could take a year or longer.

So yeah, a lot of people might have missed the boat on him or overlooked him, but if you bought in before he had so many cards, and you sold at the right time, you were rewarded with a huge ROI.[/quote:yb6vha5w]

I pulled an Xfractor, got it graded for $6, and sold it for $5.50. It was a 9.5 too. :|[/quote:yb6vha5w]

Yeah I moved a few things too late and didn't do nearly as well on them. His sell window was only a couple weeks long. I was actually pretty surprised when I got the guy's offer because it was about twice as much as I expected to get from the card.[/quote:yb6vha5w]

i still can't believe someone bought the Elite /25 for $100, mindboggling. ::facepalm::

Latest posts