Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question about graded cards.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hullfan

Aug 9, 2008
St Louis
If you take a .30 card and get it graded thru PSA and it comes back 9 or 10, how much does the value actually increase? I ask because I am starting my Willie McGee collection and most of his normal cards are very cheap. I see that ebay has some graded cards that aren't outrageous and was thinking about picking up some 9 or 10's if the price is worth it. Any help is appreciated.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Hullfan said:
If you take a .30 card and get it graded thru PSA and it comes back 9 or 10, how much does the value actually increase? I ask because I am starting my Willie McGee collection and most of his normal cards are very cheap. I see that ebay has some graded cards that aren't outrageous and was thinking about picking up some 9 or 10's if the price is worth it. Any help is appreciated.

It depends on the year of the card and the condition sensitivity of older sets. A 9 or 10 would greatly increase the value in old sets and condition sensitive releases. I'd think that anything in the 90's wouldn't be worth the grading fees, but perhaps older than that and in condition sensitive issues, a 9 or 10 would be worth it.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Exactly. Just check out ebay for the potential prices. 1986 is heavily collected, but I seem to recall 1987 was becoming fairly competitive last I checked. Look athe the PSA set registry as well to see what sets are being collected.

There's no guide for what a PSA X might bring at auction. But for 1980s sets, people with money to burn focus on 10s, and grudgingly accept 9s on black-bordered sets.

Members online

Latest posts