Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who can spot the error on this card?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
04F.jpg

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
Why did you post this twice, and why are you posting about something that's been known since last year when it was released?

jeremy

Aug 7, 2008
YOU KNOW
pujolsjunkie said:
Why did you post this twice, and why are you posting about something that's been known since last year when it was released?

and i post it once and it gets locked, wtf?

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Hell I talked to Josh Reddick about that card this weekend, we were talking over his different ones and he said "The one where I'm running, where the R was part of my arm."

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
So is it common for these companies to photo shop images instead of using actual pictures in their entirety?

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Reddick had never worn a Red Sox jersey when this card was released. Most of the guys in draft have never worn the jerseys that they are pictured in when the card comes out.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
mwheeler27 said:
So is it common for these companies to photo shop images instead of using actual pictures in their entirety?
As Rob said, it is extremely common for Topps to Photoshop logos on players. I would assume that the vast majority of Bowman Draft cards are Photoshopped.

To further it, it's also common for magazines like Sports Illustrated to Photoshop photos together for their covers.

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
200lbhockeyplayer said:
mwheeler27 said:
As Rob said, it is extremely common for Topps to Photoshop logos on players. I would assume that the vast majority of Bowman Draft cards are Photoshopped.

To further it, it's also common for magazines like Sports Illustrated to Photoshop photos together for their covers.

I see. Thanks for the explanation. So is this any better or different than air brushing off logos from actual uniforms in pictures like the non-licensed companies have to do?

I'm curious as to what people want more...An airbrushed actual photo of an actual jersey worn by someone, (like upper deck will have to do now), or a photo shopped picture of something that actually does not yet exist?

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Examples are out there of the cards non airbrushed, Bumgarner's BCDP was an AFLAC pic, Posey's BCDP was an Elite School Colors insert pic as well. I'm 100% fine with photoshopping, but wish MLB had a Rookie Program like the NBA or NFL after the season that Topps could take pictures of them in their jerseys, and get the cards signed there, and I'd even be fine with event used patches in products. It would give us a little more diversity in the production of players first cards.

Moonlight Graham

Aug 7, 2008
Renton, WA
Many, Many, Many (many) years ago I read a Bob Gibson biography. One of the pictures was of Gibby being interviewed in the locker room after a WS game. One of the other players was obviously naked, and the picture actually had a complete uniform painted/airbrushed on the player, only it was the worst paint job ever seen. Somewhere that picture still exists.

Also, to go even farther off tangent, I had a book titled Pictoral History of Baseball or something to that effect... It was a huge book that I almost memorized. In that book is a large picture of Casey Stengel's interview after being fired by the Yankees. The reporter holding up the microphone was Howard Cosell. A bald Howard Cosell. Maybe the only photo in existence of Howard Cosell being bald, since he always appeared on Monday Night Football with a toupe so fake looking only a chinstrap would make it look worse...

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
beefycheddar said:
Examples are out there of the cards non airbrushed, Bumgarner's BCDP was an AFLAC pic, Posey's BCDP was an Elite School Colors insert pic as well. I'm 100% fine with photoshopping, but wish MLB had a Rookie Program like the NBA or NFL after the season that Topps could take pictures of them in their jerseys, and get the cards signed there, and I'd even be fine with event used patches in products. It would give us a little more diversity in the production of players first cards.

You should be shot for that statement Beefy! "Event used" garbage needs to go away, not expand into baseball.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Without event used, we will never see high end Baseball first year cards like NFL, NHL, and NBA

Jul 30, 2009
pujolsjunkie said:

Oh I get it. You are one of "them", you know, those guys who are mega quick to jump on a post with "Already been posted".

Seems like you are stalking my posts. :lol: And everyone Ive ever showed it to at shows never knew about it and its not known to many.

Next time Ill read through all my 600 plus posts to make sure I dont repost something I totally forgot I did.

Im a doctor so while I do this, Im giving you a prescription for
MJZ1634.gif

A_Pharis

I wouldn't go so far as to say that "many people didn't know," because quite a bit actually did. There was a thread on it right at release that had plenty of activity. Just not everyone is going to call you out on old news.

P.S. Guys, did you hear that we've landed on the moon?

(J/K)

Members online