Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sickels Rays Top 20 Prospects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
A great system. Not the best anymore, but still a lot of talent filtering in.

Desmond Jennings a top ten to you? Not quite sure if he hits mine. Close though.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
sheetskout said:
A great system. Not the best anymore, but still a lot of talent filtering in.

Desmond Jennings a top ten to you? Not quite sure if he hits mine. Close though.

He'd be in the 8-10 range for me.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Jaypers said:
I would have ranked Beckham, McGee, Glaesmann and Lobstein higher.

I think he is good where he is and I will tell you why. Number one picks usually get the most hype out of anyone. I saw Beckham play last year and the kid was mediocre to me at best. His ceiling is very high since he is still young, but his bat is no where near the expectations that scouts predicted. Beckham has amazing glove work when turning double plays, but he has a very hard time ranging out to both sides at SS. I see him at #8, but in the future he will be higher when he develops. This is not BA's list where they usually rank simply on ceiling. This list seems like a talent based list to me.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
My three cents:

1) I hate reading those "needs to avoid injury" comments; everyone needs to avoid injury!
2) Too much Hellickson love.
3) Aneury Rodriguez did have a solid second half and I like him going into 2010.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
rico08 said:
My three cents:

1) I hate reading those "needs to avoid injury" comments; everyone needs to avoid injury!
2) Too much Hellickson love.
3) Aneury Rodriguez did have a solid second half and I like him going into 2010.

I have to disagree with you on that. The Roy Oswalt comments made by them you are right on with the too much love thing, but are you questioning that he shouldn't be number 2?

Members online