Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BP Jays Top 11 Prospects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
js0000001 said:
They didn't mention that Kyle Drabek has attitude issues (lush)

Oh yeah. Saw him pitch with Reading and he got hot at the umpires on many occasions. I was shocked that he wasn't thrown out of that game.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
jbone17 said:
D'Arnaud at 3 is a joke. Arencibia is a better catcher than him times infinite. ::facepalm::

Not so fast. While Stewart is clearly #3, I have no qualms with D'Arnaud above Arencibia. Personally, I have Arencibia #8 on my Jays Top 35.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
braden said:
jbone17 said:
D'Arnaud at 3 is a joke. Arencibia is a better catcher than him times infinite. ::facepalm::

Not so fast. While Stewart is clearly #3, I have no qualms with D'Arnaud above Arencibia. Personally, I have Arencibia #8 on my Jays Top 35.

D'Arnaud has to stop being lazy. I have seen him play on numerous occasions and he lacks focus. He lets easy balls go past him and my grandmother could probably run on him. I love the kid to death, but focus is his weakness. He should be #8 at best on this list.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
jbone17 said:
braden said:
jbone17 said:

D'Arnaud has to stop being lazy. I have seen him play on numerous occasions and he lacks focus. He lets easy balls go past him and my grandmother could probably run on him. I love the kid to death, but focus is his weakness. He should be #8 at best on this list.

Arencibia has absolutely no pitch recognition. He walks every two weeks and only hits mistakes.

Obviously this is all just opinion so I'd never say you're wrong or I'm right. But I'd be very (pleasantly) surprised if Arencibia is the Jays' starting catcher, well, ever.

D'Arnaud is 5 on my list. I write for a Jays site and of the five minor league writers, only one is at all high on Arencibia.

Members online