Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

did paypal ever side with you when you were the seller?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Actually a couple times. I had sent with DC and insurance on one...and another time the guy signed for (sig confirmation) and still filed a claim ::facepalm::

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
Yes, it happened a few times with me. I also had someone sign for something and open a claim and a few times the DC showed it was delivered and the claim was still opened for which after a few emails and it was closed. It happens, but it is a rare occasion. Best of luck to you.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Yes they've sided with me a couple times. As long as you provide a valid DC # and the item is shown to have been delivered, you're in the clear. What more can you do as a seller? You may get a negative or neutral from a disgruntled buyer, but you'll win the claim and keep the money. All you really have to do is counter the feedback with an explaination of what happened. Hope it works out for you

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Someone once filed an "itme not received" claim against me. One DC later and Pay Pal made it go away.

I can happen.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
hive17 said:
Someone once filed an "itme not received" claim against me. One DC later and Pay Pal made it go away.

I can happen.

Thats one of the things that happened to me. Too bad for the buyer that the postman either lost it or misdelivered it. He honestly didn't recieve the cards and the DC slip said it was delivered. I did all I can do as a seller, but you really have to feel for the buyer when something like that happens

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
I lost as a buyer, so pretty much the same.

I didn't receive, but seller had DC saying it was delivered, so he won.

I even had other things delivered that day, just not the one, so I did get mail, just missing whatever that one thing was.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Sold a comic, DC shows delivery, he leaves positive FB. 45 days after the sale, I get an Item Not Received complaint. I sumbit my side of the story, the DC number, etc., and figure it's all just go away. A couple days later I get a notice saying his complaint was being upheld and they put me at -$53 balance. I find a phone number and call up. They say because his address was unconfirmed, he wins. I went round and round with them about how they could allow someone to have an unconfirmed address, it's a license for fraud, and besides, it shows as delivered and he says he got it. They said someone could have access to his ebay account, paypal account and mailbox, so they have to take his side. But, she says, I've been a good Paypal customer for years and they would grant me this once-in-a-lifetime reversal of their decision and give me my money back.

So just remember, always insure your packages (the protection is for you, not the customer) with DC, never ship to an unconfirmed address, and never ship overseas unless insured and tracked all the way.

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
smapdi said:
Sold a comic, DC shows delivery, he leaves positive FB. 45 days after the sale, I get an Item Not Received complaint. I sumbit my side of the story, the DC number, etc., and figure it's all just go away. A couple days later I get a notice saying his complaint was being upheld and they put me at -$53 balance. I find a phone number and call up. They say because his address was unconfirmed, he wins. I went round and round with them about how they could allow someone to have an unconfirmed address, it's a license for fraud, and besides, it shows as delivered and he says he got it. They said someone could have access to his ebay account, paypal account and mailbox, so they have to take his side. But, she says, I've been a good Paypal customer for years and they would grant me this once-in-a-lifetime reversal of their decision and give me my money back.

So just remember, always insure your packages (the protection is for you, not the customer) with DC, never ship to an unconfirmed address, and never ship overseas unless insured and tracked all the way.

Can you unconfirm your address after you've paid?

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
I had a customer buy 80 1986 Topps Traded Barry Bonds XRCs for $20 each. Apparently, he was a comic collector and was venturing into baseball cards as an investment. He bought a ton of the 1986 TT Bonds, and took them to a show in Chicago where BGS was set up. He claimed the cards I sent him were fake, charged back with Paypal (who initially denied the claim), and filed through his CC company. Paypal took the $1600+ from me which crippled me, because I could not buy or sell on ebay unless I pumped the money into the account to get rid of the negative balance. It took almost 6 months, from 12/5/2004 to 5/24/2005 (Paypal said it would take up to 180 days to complete their investigation) before siding with me. I did NOT buy Signature Confirmation, but won the claim because I bought insurance (to protect me) which required a signature. I was able to go to the Post Office and provide proof of delivery that way. Essentially, Paypal held my money for 6 months and made interest off of it and did nothing in the meantime. Paypal didn't even contact the CC company until 3/6/2005, according to emails they sent me.

Don't expect a lot of help from Paypal. Or ebay. Ever.

David

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
smapdi said:

And you can have the same problem shipping to the guy in the next town over from you.
Not every buyer, that happens to be overseas, is a risk.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
I received a claim on the Mike Costanzo Bowman Draft Red 1/1 (not the chrome version). The buyer offered me like $450 for the card, I accepted his offer, shipped with DC and was sitting pretty. A few days later he starts telling me he thought he was getting the Chrome Red Ref 1/1 and files a claim. Paypal sided with me.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
They just sided with me on the only claim ever against me. person bought a Colecovision from me, claimed it didnt work when recieved, I offered a refund after I got the item back and tested it again...Then the person tells me they took it apart to try to fix the problem. Now I dont want it back since they tore it apart and unsoldered stuff...Paypal agreed. They arent entitled because they have to return it in the condition they recieved it. Dumb ass people are just that...DUMB.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts