Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Damaged Card but got a good price - what FB?

Positive or Neutral

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wes

OG
Administrator
Positive feedback or neutral? I'm going to keep the card despite the corner ding as it generally sells in the $170 range and I was able to get it for $140. However I don't like the fact that the seller didn't mention a rear corner ding not visible in the scan. So quite simply, positive of neutral?

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
positive. if you're going to leave a neutral, that mean you're not happy, and when you are not happy, then you should return it

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
The seller may not have noticed the ding. Seriously.

That being said, mention it to him/her and see their response before you leave any feedback.

If phrased appropriately in a non-confrontational way, their response should determine the feedback...and positive may be an option as well.

Wes

OG
Administrator
200lbhockeyplayer said:
The seller may not have noticed the ding. Seriously.

That being said, mention it to him/her and see their response before you leave any feedback.

If phrased appropriately in a non-confrontational way, their response should determine the feedback...and positive may be an option as well.

First thing I did was send them a nice message alerting them.
J.O. said:
positive. if you're going to leave a neutral, that mean you're not happy, and when you are not happy, then you should return it

If I wasn't happy I would lead a negative. If I left a neutral it would reflect that I am neither unhappy or happy - AKA neutral.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
J.O. said:

+1

You got the card, you're content. Just give him a positive, and give a lower star rating for item as described.

Contact the seller and talk to him about it first

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
wolfmanalfredo said:
J.O. said:

+1

You got the card, you're content. Just give him a positive, and give a lower star rating for item as described.

+1...Who's to say the damage didn't happen in transit?

gldneagles311

Aug 10, 2008
N. Bergen, NJ
if you like the card and want to keep it, leave a positive. i just don't see leaving a neg or even a neutral for a card that you like and want to keep being fair. but, then again, thats just me and my opinion.

pic of the card available?

Wes

OG
Administrator
wolfmanalfredo said:
J.O. said:

+1

Good idea there, I already messaged the seller we'll see what he says.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
scan wasn't clear but did you get the exact card pictured? there was no description on the auction so did you email him/her before you bid and won?

all it takes is for YOU to ask if you wanted additional information on a particular auction if you were not sure of the condition.

giving out a neutral for this? i would be pissed if i was the seller. this is exactly the reason why sellers are vague with their descriptions of the condition of the cards being sold is because one man's gem mint is another man's near mint....

dave

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
daveyou said:
scan wasn't clear but did you get the exact card pictured? there was no description on the auction so did you email him/her before you bid and won?

all it takes is for YOU to ask if you wanted additional information on a particular auction if you were not sure of the condition.

giving out a neutral for this? i would be pissed if i was the seller. this is exactly the reason why sellers are vague with their descriptions of the condition of the cards being sold is because one man's gem mint is another man's near mint....

dave

I kind of agree and kind of disagree. I agree on the actual grading terms where saying mint means different things to different people, but I disagree one why sellers are vague. Not everyone, but a lot of sellers are vague because they don't want to lose potential money on an auction by pointing out flaws. I think a responsible seller should point out obvious flaws in a card (dings, chipping, surface scratches).

I don't grade cards, but when I'm spending money on cards for my PC I like them to not have any very noticeable flaws. With 90% of sellers making no mention of the condition of cards now it is kind of unreasonable for me to have to email every seller asking if there is anything wrong with the card.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
Tomlinson21RB said:
daveyou said:

dave

I kind of agree and kind of disagree. I agree on the actual grading terms where saying mint means different things to different people, but I disagree one why sellers are vague. Not everyone, but a lot of sellers are vague because they don't want to lose potential money on an auction by pointing out flaws. I think a responsible seller should point out obvious flaws in a card (dings, chipping, surface scratches).

I don't grade cards, but when I'm spending money on cards for my PC I like them to not have any very noticeable flaws. With 90% of sellers making no mention of the condition of cards now it is kind of unreasonable for me to have to email every seller asking if there is anything wrong with the card.

i understand what you are saying as well since i am in the same boat as a buyer but let me ask you a question...

if you are about to drop some serious cash on a card that's for the pc and in a particular auction that you are interested in, the description and scan is fairly vague. you wouldn't take that extra 5 minutes to email the seller? come on....

can you link the auction btw? just want to see it.

dave

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
daveyou said:
Tomlinson21RB said:
daveyou said:

dave

i understand what you are saying as well since i am in the same boat as a buyer but let me ask you a question...

if you are about to drop some serious cash on a card that's for the pc and in a particular auction that you are interested in, the description and scan is fairly vague. you wouldn't take that extra 5 minutes to email the seller? come on....

can you link the auction btw? just want to see it.

dave

Yea, if it is a big ticket item of course. I guess I'm thinking more along the lines of my buying habits which are usually $10-$40 range and then anything over $100 is usually graded or a thick patch card that I've come to expect the worst from in terms of condition. So I can definitely see it both ways, and I guess in the case of this auction being $100+ I probably would've asked but at the same time I can see being a little upset that a visible issue was not mentioned or shown in the auction.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
This just happened to me with a card.
There were 3 distinct areas with damage - none of which showed up on the scan. It was a card I needed to complete a set, and I paid more for it than other similar cards. I sent the seller an email telling him about it, and basically questioning how something so obvious can go overlooked.

He was nice enough in response, so I didn't neg him. I did, however, tell him I wasn't leaving any feedback at all, and cautioned him that if he did it again to the wrong person, it might be a big problem for him, so be more careful in the future. So hopefully I've done my part for future buyers. That's all I can really do.

Wes

OG
Administrator
daveyou said:

dave

I certainly didn't expect a so called gem mint card but something like a corner ding on the back that is obvious but can't be seen on a front scan is tough. I guess I can start asking but honestly I do a lot of buying/selling so it didn't cross my mind with a seller with good fb.

Members online