Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Did you ever stop and think....

Is your player collection out of control?

• Yes, I'm drowning in cards and love it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
.....wow, my player collection has grown out of control?

I am getting ready to move and trying to pull my entire Aaron Cunningham collection together. I am a little amazed...it seems like I have cards every place I look. Now keep in mind, I have no plans on stopping but still....it is a little much.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
That's why I:

1. Collect a guy with minimal cards
2. Only collect one card of each.

Very managable.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Mine is under control. I finally started to focus on more base/inserts from the 90's now that I have the Crusade red in hand.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
1. Open Cards..
2. Organize into 3000ct boxes.
2.5 Label Box...Re-Label Box. First Label was Stupid and didn't describe the second half of the box... Re-Re Label box with extremely vague and long label... "2009 Inserts Baseball Veterans numbered under /1000"
3. Wildly kick at box so it fits under bed and pray to sweet hell that I don't need to pull it out until I have at least 2 hours when my better half is out of the apartment.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
I have no control over my collection. I've got big apple boxes and moving boxes full of smaller boxes that I mistakenly never labeled. The only things I have organized are my PC's. Other then that I've got a Laundry room full of giant boxes that I can't even imagine going through on my own

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
Under control, yet growing and branching. When I started to collect Adam LaRoche, I was going after cards only. Then came a GU bat. FCB's tramers sent an autographed MiLB (Crawdads) ticket stub. Most recently, I purchased a pair of GU/Auto'd batting gloves and a pair of '08 Pirates/Cubs ticket stubs that feature a pic of LaRoche. Now I can say that I am completely immersed in anything and everything Adam LaRoche.

As for storage, all cards are in two binders (2000-2006 and 2007-today.) The binders have their own drawer in a three drawer storage "cube." The third drawer is for memorabilia. The GU bat is in a tube stacked next to the cube.

Every card is scanned and logged in Excel.

dude... duuuuuuu aaaaah uuuuuuuude!

i got the ultimate cluster **** over here... it looks like the show hoarders ate sanford and son and took a **** in my office. i found a missing dress sock in a box of cards last sunday. 3 5k count boxes of unsorted nomars and for some reason about 25 50ct stacks of the nomar just sitting on my desk. as i get them i geek out for a split second then set them down and wander off mouth breathing. i found a printing plate of erick abreu (whom sucks ass by the way) in my watch box without a clue where my watches are and a griffey donruss rookie hanging out under the mouse pad... i am kicking around the idea of just throwing this **** on the floor and going all don west and dropping the breaststroke on it!

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I have a couple player collections and neither is out of control.

Shooty Babitt has a whopping 10 cards...I have them all in my back pocket at all times. Charlie Hough has a few dozen Topps cards...and outside of the few that the knuckler is waiting to mail me back...I have all of them signed.

All told my outrageous players collections stack up to a staggering 30+ cards. All high dollar and incredibly rare...but not out of control.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Nothing of mine is out of control or unorganized. I guess about the only thing I need to eventually do is buy a binder with some pages for the oversized stuff. As it is...they are all in oversized toploaders in a kind of half arsed attempt at displaying them. All of my singles are in 3,000 ct boxes and the only ones that are not are either sets(which get their own box according to size needed) and cards I need supplies for(toploaders and penny sleeves). Other than that...I am cool. The only bad thing is that when I am looking for a set I was working on, since I ahve so many, it usually takes me days to find it. Not because I have a room full of stuff but its more because I stash crap away for some reason.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
My Ted Williams player collection is under control. It's the rest of my collection and inventory that isn't under control. And to think I almost added another 100,000 hockey cards the other night...

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
After today, it will be in strict control. As I find minimal pleasure in obtaining lower-end parallels; if I can't get my hands on a Red or a Super, because I've spent a portion to have a go at them. I'll only be going for cards numbered to no greater than 25 (Presuming Oranges) or hard to find RC (e.g., '01 Garrett Atkins Elite Extra RC /1000).

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
EricChavezCollector3 said:
I have everything organized in 3 monster boxes. I could find a card I was looking for in less than a minute.

If true, that is very impressive.

Although a good portion of my collections are organized, other parts are not and at times it takes me days/weeks to find certain cards. No joke.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
EricChavezCollector3 said:
I have everything organized in 3 monster boxes. I could find a card I was looking for in less than a minute.

Exactly. My cards are all in large boxes in top loaders. But auto's, GU, low #'d, and otherwise rare cards go in screw-downs. Every card logged in Excel, so it's easy to find any card very quickly.

However I did vote yes for a couple different reasons. The other misc. stuff I collect is hard to control. Game used memorabilia, magazines, coins, newspaper articles, posters, postcards, etc. It's tough to organize hundreds and hundreds of items that aren't similar in size, shape, etc. I do the best I can but it's a little nutty.

Mostly my collection is out of control in the sense that I can't help myself when I see something I don't have. Ugh.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
No, my collection is under control

like Chad said I could find a particular card in under a minute. I have everything sorted in 3 three row boxes by auto's, game used, base and inserts. I may have a little OCD issue but I don't mind.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I have 3 player collections, and they are all out of control! Everything used to be nice and orderly when I had an office. We converted my office into a nursery, and I moved all the cards to the dungeon, which is really just a glorified crawl space. I don't hang out down there, and it still gets messier all the time. :lol: ECC3 can find a card in under a minute... I put it at about a week to find a card, if I can find it at all. One thing I will say though, playing with a baby has been more fun for me than playing with baseball cards was, and way less lonely!

christmasbaby.jpg

Soooo worth it. :D

Members online