Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Major variation on 2008 Bowman Sterling Jesus Montero

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
Via redemption !Bjh-dFQ!mk~$(KGrHqEOKjEEsmmVpGlGBLT5cIRGh!~~_35.jpg

Packed out !BT5WhTwBGk~$(KGrHgoH-DIEjlLlvEUjBKK6Ob!DBQ~~_35.jpg

Has nothing to do with the scans as I have both versions (only one white border)

mazarazz

Aug 7, 2008
Printer/design folk, is it possible to tell if the difference is due to a printing error but Topps kept them? Or was this intentional? I prefer the white border personally.

Jul 30, 2009
mazarazz said:
Printer/design folk, is it possible to tell if the difference is due to a printing error but Topps kept them? Or was this intentional? I prefer the white border personally.

I think it was done on purpose. Think about what Topps has been doing for the last several years with all their variations. Variations are pretty hot right now and this is basically something which has never been done before. Make a redemption variation and dont mention it to the Hobby press.

Think how many people sold some rare variations from Heritage for pennies which now sell or sold for $100 or more because they had no idea what they had.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Occam's razor man.

For whatever reason, materials on hand, current setup, etc, It was likely cheaper to produce the card with this new particular scheme than to perfectly replicate the card from the first printing.

They really don't need to compete with anyone anymore, so there's no reason to 'spice up' a product they sold out a year ago.

Latest posts