Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Playoff Contenders Black Box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
I see there are a few autographs that are selling on ebay that the seller came from a black box pack. I never heard anything about a black box from contenders. How were these so called black boxes released or is this something the seller made up?

EDIT: I just did some research and I believe these came from the Hawaii trade show. It's funny cause I asked the seller if that's where these cards came from and he said no, he said they came from a black box. ::facepalm::

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
The trade show gave out a black box, it was called "The Black Box" at the trade show. That's why the name.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I bet the seller bought the "Black Box" and did not attend the Hawai'i trade show thus not understanding that they came from the show. These boxes were selling at $125-250 several months back.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
Thanks for the responses. You would think that if you were to purchase something that high end, it would be nice to know where they came from.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts