Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Say what you will about Sterling, this card is sick...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
190365509860_1_0_1.jpg
the paralells look pretty sweet out of this stuff and i am sure the base autos aren't quite as disappointing once they are in hand.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
yea i like them i know people say they should be on card but i think it would be hard to see the auto with the shiny background

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
colts1888 said:
yea i like them i know people say they should be on card but i think it would be hard to see the auto with the shiny background

The blue ink would stand out just fine on a shiny background. They are on shiny stickers arent they? Topps is just lazy, period.

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
I have to admit they do look nice. Stickers have always detracted from them, but whatever.
Still, the box price really isn't justified in my opinion

asmth312

Jan 17, 2009
But still, why the NL/AL logos in the background? Does anyone care? Why not the team logos at least?

Sterling has lost it's way. What started as a high-end alternative to chrome has gone the opposite way: repeating chrome's player selection at half the secondary-market value. On-card jersey autos, a unique autograph checklist, and a lifetime ban on WBC content would go a long way in establishing some brand identity for this product.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
Sterling Reds are awesome, period. No matter the year, they will alwaysbe sick unless Topps really goes down the crapper. Heck, that rivals this year's tan Super and may be better.