Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CONTEST!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Incline Investments

Aug 15, 2008
Cali
Alright guys, here's the contest. I'm starting a blog. It's not a sports blog per se, but trying to be more focused on entertaining writing, with a sports theme. Here is my first article below. The contest is to come up with a name for it. The best name, as chosen by me, wins. I'll try to find some nice stuff for the winner.

Feel free to comment or criticize the article as well. Here it is below:

Since it's my first post on this blog, I think I'll start things off with a riddle to break the ice.

Q. What's the difference between a football, and the common cold?

A. Braylon Edwards can catch the common cold.

Really though, what a money pass from Senor Sanchez that Edwards dropped in the Endzone, which could have made Sanchez' already impressive line (12/15, 182 yards, and a TD) even better in the USC alum's first ever playoff game.

Talk about rookies, what was Frank Gore doing on the Jets on Sunday? Oh wait, that was Shonn Greene, rookie outta Iowa. Dude got barely over 100 carries all year, then goes for 135 yards on 21 in the postseason. The man is a beast. 5'11', 226 with some serious speed outta the backfield.

A lot of people own Chad Ochocinco in fantasy football; Darrelle Revis owns him in real life.

Can you say shutdown corner? With Revis on him in week 17 of the regular season, and the opening playoff game, Chad managed a total of two catches for a laughable 28 yards. To put that into perspective, Revis had nearly as many yards on his interception return as Ochocinco had receiving in two games.

That's all I got for the game. Thanks for reading, and look out for my upcoming stories on the world of soccer. Just kidding, I only write about sports people like

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
It reads like a phone call to the Jim Rome show. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing, just an observation. Great points in there though

Incline Investments

Aug 15, 2008
Cali
Brewer Andy said:
It reads like a phone call to the Jim Rome show. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing, just an observation. Great points in there though

I'll take that as a compliment so thanks :)

The way I see it, if people want sports news, they can hit up ESPN. If people want some random sarcastic fan talking about sports, they can hit up my blog. There's got to be something to set it apart from all the rest.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Make it entertaining and find a gimmick to make it stand out and you're set.
"The sports, the whole sports and nothing but the sports"
DANNY

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Well if its all football(as indicative per your post) then I would call it something like "The Point After" or "Between The Hashmarks".

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
Always respect some Revis praise ;)

Are you a Jets fan by any chance?

As for a name, I am usually terrible with these but will throw out some random ideas:

The Real Scoop
The Truth
All About Balls

descott77

Dec 4, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
"The Grip: Where Sports Meet Reality"

the grip in reference to the disease whereas it multiples extremely fast you are new to the blog scene and plan on producing a hit which people will pick up on quickly...the blog being about sports seems to read more into the reality of the matters spoken of, which some people think but never know if other are thinking too

i liked it and think it is a very promising start...good luck

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
I can see the slant you are taking, and this popped into my head (kinda long but...):

"As I See it... Say it... Play It"

Incline Investments

Aug 15, 2008
Cali
Seiya said:
I love the Braylon joke, mind if i post it on other forums?
Very nice start to the blog, i enjoyed it.

Thanks, and sure go ahead.

So turns out that as of right now, I'm stuck with the name TheAmericanPastime, as that's what I signed it up under a while back, and I thought I could change it.

If I decide to change it in the future, I will re-up this contest, and I appreciate all the responses.

A couple new things posted, here is the link:
http://theamericanpastime.wordpress.com/

Members online