Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Topps Tribute No Name on Front Error Cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Player Collectors - yes, it's a must have (for those that collect EVERYTHING of their player).

Non-Player Collector - piss poor mistake in Topps' QC department and I'd actually be pretty pissed if I pulled a pack with that. Just continues to show the lack of care by the companies now.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Sly said:
Player Collectors - yes, it's a must have (for those that collect EVERYTHING of their player).

Non-Player Collector - piss poor mistake in Topps' QC department and I'd actually be pretty pissed if I pulled a pack with that. Just continues to show the lack of care by the companies now.

Pissed? Just list em and enjoy some cash back if you don't want them

they sell pretty well

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
I got Jim Palmer through Casebusters Group Break. I was surprized it lasted as long as it did.
Maybe it is intentional by topps and it is set? just a thought

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
I am wondering if it is intentional because not this many players should be missing the name. Should just be a handful, unless an entire sheet got nailed.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
At first I thought it might be possible that this was an intentional "variation" from Topps or an unannounced variant, but I highly doubt if Topps was gonna do this on purpose they would leave off the Topps logo on the card front as well. So I'm saying production failure. As a player collector, I still think they're garbage but I've never been big on wrong backs, blank backs, etc. I agree though they would look great TTM!

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Just an unfortunate printing error, like blank backs or such. Personally, I would not collect them or pay any kind of premium, but there are always thoes who like the oddball stuff. Certinly not the second coming of the FT NNOF.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Rather no name then this,
28.jpg

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
Sly said:

Pissed? Just list em and enjoy some cash back if you don't want them

they sell pretty well

Tommy Hanson...yes. Any mediocre player? I highly doubt it'd sell that well.

Ultimately it comes to this...if these were done unintentional, and saying "well they sell well", then it just goes to show the card companies that they can continue to put out shoddy products with crappy QC.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Just like anything, if there is enough "hype" about them created then YES I think there will be interest. So if the FCB front page write-up attracts enough attention then this QC error could become "buzz-worthy" & we may just see an increase in demand for them (heck, since Topps screwed the pooch with these they very well may come out & act as if they in fact meant to do this...Topps may even confirm these to be "unspecified print-run SP's", being that they're unspecified because Topps has no idea as to how many there are; being as these "variation's" and/or "error's" never truly were intended to be produced! ;) :p

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Erich said:
I got Jim Palmer through Casebusters Group Break. I was surprized it lasted as long as it did.
Maybe it is intentional by topps and it is set? just a thought

::facepalm::

I noticed that in the scans too. It made me almost pick it, but then I thought of all the threads I've seen or letters in Beckett where people point out printing errors like misspellings, missed names, wrong names, etc. tend to add little value.....figures that this time their desirable.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts