Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My White Plains Report!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
THIS SHOW WAS PACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKED! Of all the white plains shows I've been to, this was the most crowded of all of them! Maybe it has to do the former Yankees appearing (Mattingly etc.) or maybe it's because we LOVE baseball cards, idk!

Anyway, walked around a bit found a dealer with decent prices on singles so bought a few cards at good prices. I literally stood at this booth forever going through his cards and bought a bunch at way below ebay prices! :D

One dealer I wanted to reach over and choke him cause he kept telling me a card "books in beckett" for $100 and he's selling to me at a "great" deal of $75. (I just bought he same card for $15 on ebay last month!) ::facepalm:: :benson:

Wax prices were surprisingly decent. Of course, the best deal was 2 09 BDP boxes for $100 so I bought 2 (will post results later...got a 1/1 and 3 autos!).

Lots of fun, lots of kids, Sharon was there...I hate her! lol

Anyway, good show! Can't wait for the next one!

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
anything happening in Iowa or minneapolis the end of march? flying over to minne and driving to iowa. need to find a card shop or show if there's one going on. I live in alaska and the only place to buy cards is wal mart

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
GioCollector1089 said:
Seemed like Sharon is getting out of the business. She didn't have much, and when she asked me if I was selling, she said she wasn't interested in prospects.

Yeah, I quickly glanced at her showcases and it looked pretty bare but I figured she sold a tone of stuff....but I guess not!

What did you think of the show?

GioCollector1089

Aug 7, 2008
Clifton, New Jersey
Messier2 said:
GioCollector1089 said:
Seemed like Sharon is getting out of the business. She didn't have much, and when she asked me if I was selling, she said she wasn't interested in prospects.

Yeah, I quickly glanced at her showcases and it looked pretty bare but I figured she sold a tone of stuff....but I guess not!

I was very pleased with the show. I went yesterday afternoon so it wasn't that crowded, but at the same time, not all of the dealers had set up yet. Not too many guys with prospects, but there were not enough. Obviously, the majority of people do not prospect, otherwise the show would not be succeeding like it has been. That said, I cannot complain about any of it. It also helped that I started focusing more on a PC than prospects and that I only go to a few dealers anyway, so I wasn't really dissapointed in the lack of prospect tables anymore.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
GioCollector1089 said:
Messier2 said:
GioCollector1089 said:

I was very pleased with the show. I went yesterday afternoon so it wasn't that crowded, but at the same time, not all of the dealers had set up yet. Not too many guys with prospects, but there were not enough. Obviously, the majority of people do not prospect, otherwise the show would not be succeeding like it has been. That said, I cannot complain about any of it. It also helped that I started focusing more on a PC than prospects and that I only go to a few dealers anyway, so I wasn't really dissapointed in the lack of prospect tables anymore.

Yeah, much more prospect tables this time around! I'm liking the choices but not much 09BDP available. :?

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Messier2 said:
GioCollector1089 said:
Messier2 said:
GioCollector1089 said:

Yeah, much more prospect tables this time around! I'm liking the choices but not much 09BDP available. :?
I saw some 09 BDP. Someone was asking $45 for a Trout Refractor Auto :lol: :lol:

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
trademhigh said:
Messier2 said:
GioCollector1089 said:
Messier2 said:
GioCollector1089 said:

I saw some 09 BDP. Someone was asking $45 for a Trout Refractor Auto :lol: :lol:

I saw that!!! Was that the guy near the Nathans hot dog place on the left side? If so...his card prices are laughable! Lol

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
Messier2 said:
trademhigh said:
Messier2 said:
GioCollector1089 said:
Messier2 said:
[quote="GioCollector1089":3vu3jo47]Seemed like Sharon is getting out of the business. She didn't have much, and when she asked me if I was selling, she said she wasn't interested in prospects.

I saw that!!! Was that the guy near the Nathans hot dog place on the left side? If so...his card prices are laughable! Lol[/quote:3vu3jo47]

But hey, the base was selling for 15 at release so that means 45 now for the ref must be a good deal!!!

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Messier2 said:
trademhigh said:
Messier2 said:
GioCollector1089 said:
Messier2 said:
[quote="GioCollector1089":3ux6wdcs]Seemed like Sharon is getting out of the business. She didn't have much, and when she asked me if I was selling, she said she wasn't interested in prospects.

I saw that!!! Was that the guy near the Nathans hot dog place on the left side? If so...his card prices are laughable! Lol[/quote:3ux6wdcs]
Yup. That was the one. I saw his stuff on the way out. Needless to say, I didn't buy anything from him. Another guy with laughable prices was the one with the Bryce Harper USA Auto, also towards the front.

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
Yea this show was packed like crazy. I know the guy w/ the Bryce Harper Patch/Auto in the front. He had terrible prices. Nice prospect stuff, but his prices were a solid 20-40% higher than they should have been. I found some solid deals on the cards I picked up. Like the Matzek Chrome Auto for $5 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
thegreathambino said:
Yea this show was packed like crazy. I know the guy w/ the Bryce Harper Patch/Auto in the front. He had terrible prices. Nice prospect stuff, but his prices were a solid 20-40% higher than they should have been. I found some solid deals on the cards I picked up. Like the Matzek Chrome Auto for $5 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Wow, a Matzek for $5 which table was that?! lol

Members online