Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nice White Plains Pickups and Mailday:Day 2 Update!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
Hey everyone,
So I went to the WP show today and first stopped off at BGS to drop a few cards for RCR and then went to JSA to drop off a 65' Topps Koufax and 71' Topps Blyleven auto's to get authenticated. I then went searching, I was looking for some 09' Sterling Auo's but only 1 guy had some and they were ALL base auto's at or above ebay prices! So then I went around to look for some Heywards or Montero's and found no decent deals for Montero's but I stopped off at this one guy who had some Heywards and we struck up a deal ($140) for these:
HeywardBlueXRefs.jpg

and for $25 I figured I'd get this one as well, (can't go wrong with a Blue Ref Auto for that price)
BlueRefPollockAuto.jpg

I then stopped by a couple common tables to search for some cheap r.c's for TTM and other upcoming signings that are taking place. Ended up getting these for $1 each....
76EckBrett.jpg

went by another table and got these for $2 total(I was desparately searching for Mutombo rookies and was more than happy to find this one because I know someone who can get his auto for $10 so I figured it would be a good adition to my collection):
2lot.jpg

and at my last table trying to look for more Mutombo's I ended up finding none but got all these instead for $1:
1lot.jpg

then I went to BGS to pickup my order and then to JSA, both Koufax and Blyleven were authentic :D
and here's what I saw when I opened my box from BGS:
MonteroBGS10.jpg

(My 1st BGS 10 after subing for 10+ years :cool: needless to say I'm VERY pleased)
here's the rest of the subs
MonteroBGS95.jpg

LaportaTaylorBlueBGS95.jpg

VERY Happy overall with everything and then I go home and find these beauties waiting for me(from fellow member 808chrome, THANK YOU!!!!)
HeywardBlueGoldRef.jpg

and this toughie for my 1965 Topps signed set
1965ToppsNormCashAutoPSADNA.jpg

sorry for the long read.I will be going back tomorrow for Carew and Randolph Auto's and to double check for more Mutombo's,
Dan

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
Re: Nice White Plains Pickups and Mailday

Skrip- PM replied
To All= Thank You! and the seller for the Eck's actually had like 4 more plus a ton of Jack Morris R.C's but I just picked the 2 best conditioned Eck's and left the Morris' for someone else

-Dan

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
Hey everyone,
OK, so after going back for what I thought was just to get a couple Auto's from Carew and Randolph, slab a couple Heywards and maybe pick up some more toploaders and a 5000 ct box for my upcoming Elite case this week. Instead I not only got all that stuff BUT I also ended up picking this up for $35 as I first got in and even happier when I see them now fetching $50+ on the bay

Montero2008BDPAuto5.jpg

I then went to BGS and sub my Heyward Gold, 2 Blue's and X that I got yesterday.I then went to get Carew's Auto
Carew1967ToppsAuto2.jpg

and after getting his auto I knew that being ticket #165 for Randolph meant I had ALOT of time to waste, so I went around again and found these 6 for $5
5Lot.jpg

then went and found some guy directly across from Beckett with a TON of 5000 ct boxes wth all the cards being $0.25 and $0.10 and since I had the time I started searching and after 2+ hours and my back Killing me, here's what I got for $20
20Lot6.jpg

20Lot1.jpg

20Lot2.jpg

20Lot3.jpg

20Lot4.jpg

20Lot5.jpg

20Lot7.jpg

then it was time and I picked up the plastics and 5000 ct box I needed and then went to Beckett and here's what I got :cool: :

HeywardBlueXBGS95.jpg

and this bad boy........................................

HeywardGoldRefBGS95.jpg

I then went and after an hour and a half finally got Willie to sign these:
Randolph1976ToppsAuto.jpg

Randolph1976ToppsTrAuto.jpg

so, all in all I'm very pleased with my weekend buys and subs, and now I'm tired as crap!

Dan

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
kdailey4315 said:
WOW. Can't really say anything else that has been said. Well well done sir. :D

Thank You and I'm not gonna lie, it was a lot of work. I must have put in a good 3 1/2 hours just searching through boxes and boxes. When I left both days I felt tired as hell and worn out but after seeing what came from it, I'm not complaining. I couldn't have planned it to go any better,

-Dan

Members online