Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who will be the Yankees starting LF?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
numba1yankeefan said:
im good with gardner

I would be happy with him batting around .280 and stealing around 40-50 bases

he can do that

Yes he can and Curtis was solid in Trenton when I saw him, but if they didn't bring A-Jax up; what makes you think this kid has a shot? My logic behind it. I like Gardner better as well.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Again, I will reiterate

WHO?

I haven't ever heard a peep of this guys name and I'm a pretty big Yankee fan. I guess i've been living under the proverbial rock as I have no clue who this dude is. I like Gardner and I wouldn't mind seeing him get the nod. I would like to see the BA pick up a bit but overall I've been fairly impressed with his game play and work ethic.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
blanning71 said:
Again, I will reiterate

WHO?

I haven't ever heard a peep of this guys name and I'm a pretty big Yankee fan. I guess i've been living under the proverbial rock as I have no clue who this dude is. I like Gardner and I wouldn't mind seeing him get the nod. I would like to see the BA pick up a bit but overall I've been fairly impressed with his game play and work ethic.

You are not living under a rock this guy either owns a stash of this player or is smoking some serious imagination drugs.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
rocco baldelli or eric Byrnes if they sign baldelli hell be platoonin w/ gardner so if opning day their playing a lefty pitcher expect baldelli in

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Yea I agree with Byrnes.... if he is healthy the Yankees would be nuts to pass him by... he is still getting paid by the D-Backs for 2010 right??

mgsherm

Aug 7, 2008
Jacksonville, Florida
I read somewhere that they only wanted to spend 2 mil. on a left fielder. That counts Damon out. The article said they were looking at Reed Johnson or Baldelli. Now that Byrnes is available, I think he would be a great fit.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Say NO to Baldelli

He hasn't played in more than 92 games in the last four years.
Also, isn't he a injury train wreck.

Say YES to Gardner!

He was hitting at .275 before he broke his thumb.
He hit two homeruns, on in Toronto and one in Citi field that would have been no boubters in Yankee Stadium.

This kid has speed, can loft a ball into the stands, and he has hit an inside the park HR.

I can see Gardner legitimately see gardner becoming a .295/.370, 10HR kind of player if he gets to play a full season.

I honestly am not sure if I would rater have Granderson in left and Gardner in Center or vice versa.

There arms are both rated the same, and I think Gardner could cover more ground than Granderson.
Some have said that Granderson's CF defense has became worse, and playing left field in Yankee Stadium you have plent of ground you can cover.

Members online

Latest posts