Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just when I thought "cuts" couldn't get any worse....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Yeah but if you squint, you can see that at least they added a player picture to that one. Yikes

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
its not as bad as the tristar one that the auto was litteraly cut the auto in half

that is very ugly, why the card componies keep making these is beyond me

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Obviously one of Topps' designers screwed up. Other cards from that 1/1 set either have full player pictures or the auto takes up the entire window.

subpop77

Aug 24, 2008
Marshall, Texas, United States
::facepalm:: Topps should make a sticker of a player then put it on a 3x5 card and then use a band aid auto on that = sweetness :cry: how lazy can you get. The card in question is plain white with a miniscule pic of Ryan with an auto sticker, at least they put the sticker on the right way I say FAIL :x it is laziness that is expected now days. Put out quality product. It looks like a 5th graders school project done the night before it was due :?

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
mudflap02 said:
[ebay:w4g6s3ki]400073964008[/ebay:w4g6s3ki]

!B,t0Eu!!Wk~$(KGrHqQH-DIEqty2R-8DBKssiD8Oqw~~_12.jpg

Awesometown, Population: This.

boycott all stickers! The sticker was probably #/1000 and signed 5 years ago. What a joke all stickers are.
Buy a thousand stickers and slap one on any product for the next Ten years, and call them #1/1...hahahahaha, sticker suckers....

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
hofautos said:
mudflap02 said:
[ebay:1izcxsyd]400073964008[/ebay:1izcxsyd]

!B,t0Eu!!Wk~$(KGrHqQH-DIEqty2R-8DBKssiD8Oqw~~_12.jpg

Awesometown, Population: This.

boycott all stickers! The sticker was probably #/1000 and signed 5 years ago. What a joke all stickers are.
Buy a thousand stickers and slap one on any product for the next Ten years, and call them #1/1...hahahahaha, sticker suckers....

You do know it's not the AUTO that makes it a 1/1, but rather the CARD. I mean, a player signs a box of Bowman Chrome Base Cards, Refractors, Blue Refractors, Red Refractors and the Superrefractor all at once, would that then not make them #/1000's by your logic???? I mean, they're all signed at the same time.

On that, why are we even referred to as a "cut"?? Was this sticker cut from a different product? Or is it because it's in a large window?? A large window does not make one a cut. Most stickers are put into windows. Cuts are taken from other items...

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
+zillion. For what its worth, more than a few people here are not particularly focused on the card aspect of baseball cards... Sounds strange, but there it is. Perhaps for the hobby to be strong again, more people need to get back to basics.

Sly said:
You do know it's not the AUTO that makes it a 1/1, but rather the CARD.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Yikes. Topps should've just inserted a check in the pack made payable to the Nolan Ryan Foundation and let the collector choose a card to get signed.

nurvanna

Feb 18, 2009
phoenix, az
that's about as great as that strasburg card.
i think 1 of my goals this year is to get a clear or even a "flesh" ( ? ) toned band-aid signed by brandon wood.
maybe i'll even go so far as to attach some band-aids to some cheap base cards in a ****** area and then cut those out to make my own cut signature on band-aid card.
it's probably a very stupid idea, though it's almost equal to the mockery of the card above or any other ****** cut auto designed card.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Sly said:
On that, why are we even referred to as a "cut"?? Was this sticker cut from a different product? Or is it because it's in a large window?? A large window does not make one a cut. Most stickers are put into windows. Cuts are taken from other items...

Sly-

Not sure exactly what you mean, if you think it is me referring to this card as a cut, or Topps. I definitely realize what a real cut autograph is, which is why the wording at the lower right of the card is so great.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Sly said:
You do know it's not the AUTO that makes it a 1/1, but rather the CARD. I mean, a player signs a box of Bowman Chrome Base Cards, Refractors, Blue Refractors, Red Refractors and the Superrefractor all at once, would that then not make them #/1000's by your logic???? I mean, they're all signed at the same time.

If i wasn't clear, let me rephrase...
When #1/1 cards are put in front of a player to sign, there is ONLY one card that the player signed with that design.
When a player signs 1000 stickers, and the manufacturer slaps a sticker on a #1/1 card, the card is not a #1/1 signed by the player.
I don't really know how else to explain what I am saying. The sticker probably wasn't even signed the same year as the set.

It's even worse for new players. Say Topps gets someone to sign 1000 stickers before they make a name for themselves for $1000, or $1 per autograph.
Then say several years later, the player makes a name for himself, and topps is still slapping these stickers on current product.

It is beyond me how some people don't see what a ripoff this sticker industry is.
Well, I am sure eventually the hobby will catch on and the on-card autos will carry a huge premium over these stickers...

Members online

Latest posts