Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pretty sure I saw...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
Mariano Rivera and his wife and children at the city center 15 on main street in White Plains, NY. A guy who was thin, balding, about 6 foot 2 who looked like Mariano Rivera was there...Nobody seemed to recognize him, so maybe it wasn't him lol...Anyone know where Rivera is from? Does he live in Westchester? I would think a guy with his money would just rent out the whole theater.

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
nyc3 said:
His restaurant isn't that far from there, maybe 20 mins or so.

Ah...I didn't want to bother the guy as he had young children, probably wanted to keep to himself....Not sure it was him, but sure did look like him lol

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
noaskiecards said:
nyc3 said:
His restaurant isn't that far from there, maybe 20 mins or so.

Ah...I didn't want to bother the guy as he had young children and a very attractive wife, probably wanted to keep to himself.
Thats very cool of you, not many would do the same.

goblue6919

Aug 7, 2008
I'm pretty sure he lives in Westchester, a few of my friends have played his son in baseball.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
That's pretty cool.

I saw Chris Carpenter at the Blues game last night, and walked out of the doors right next to him. He was just texting like a regular guy.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
Skorris CCBC said:
That's pretty cool.

I saw Chris Carpenter at the Blues game last night, and walked out of the doors right next to him. He was just texting like a regular guy.

Did you expect him to text using his *****? ;)

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
justinmandawg said:
Skorris CCBC said:
That's pretty cool.

Hahaha, what?

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
Skorris CCBC said:
justinmandawg said:
[quote="Skorris CCBC":2cq2e7uk]That's pretty cool.

Hahaha, what?[/quote:2cq2e7uk]

Justin made the assumption that you felt that Chris Carpenter's texting like a regular guy was shocking to you and that you assumed he would be texting with his ***** or a lightning bolt If I read this correctly.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
justinmandawg said:
Skorris CCBC said:
That's pretty cool.

Yes I would, since you need a thin small pointy object to select the letters on a touch screen phone :D

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
noaskiecards said:
Skorris CCBC said:
justinmandawg said:
[quote="Skorris CCBC":2vbsp6bs]That's pretty cool.

Hahaha, what?

Justin made the assumption that you felt that Chris Carpenter's texting like a regular guy was shocking to you and that you assumed he would be texting with his ***** or a lightning bolt If I read this correctly.[/quote:2vbsp6bs]

Gotcha. :)

I was meaning that he wasn't standing out or anything. People weren't rushing to him, I didn't even see it was him until I stared at him for a second.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
noaskiecards said:
Mariano Rivera and his wife and children at the city center 15 on main street in White Plains, NY. A guy who was thin, balding, about 6 foot 2 who looked like Mariano Rivera was there...Nobody seemed to recognize him, so maybe it wasn't him lol...Anyone know where Rivera is from? Does he live in Westchester? I would think a guy with his money would just rent out the whole theater.

Probably was him.

I was standing a street corner in NYC in the summer during a day long rain shower. He was standing next to me. I looked at him and said to myself "Hmm, that guy looks familiar. Oh, that's Mariano". I turned to him and said..." no game today, huh? He turned and said "I doubt it". We both smiled at each other and went our separate ways.

yanxyanx

Sep 13, 2008
Riverdale, NY
If it looked like him, then I would guess it is him. I have a friend of the family who knows him pretty well, and they work out together at the New York Sports Club at City Center in White Plains every so often. I know he was there on Wed-Fri in the mornings because this friend was there too.

Joe

Jesusmontero

Mar 5, 2009
Yea he lives in Harrison I believe. I've played his kid a few times. My friend saw him at the movie theater in White Plains yesterday

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
that was him alright. When I worked for Toys R Us at the Westchester Pavilion Mall, he did his christmas shopping there. So did Bernie and Joe Torre.

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
Ya Joe Torre used to go to the Mamaroneck Diner on Boston Post Road. I frequented there as well and they told us Torre went there. They ended up getting me a personalized autograph on a piece of paper.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts