Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My new collection.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
cards that make me happy. screw GU, screw Patches, screw autos. If i like it, i will collect it! Sure, I will still collect GU, Patch & Auto cards. Collecting is a hobby, meant to relax & entertain a person, not aggravate a person, or make you go broke searching for "the big hit".

I opened a pack of cards from the dollar store, one of those mixed packs. it had everything from a 1992 fleer ultra ricky jordan to a 1980 burger king steve carlton, there was an 87 topps common, a couple of 90 fleer & 91 donruss commons, nothing that would sell on ebay. it was a buck & the pack said it had could have cards from the 60s thru the 90s, so i figured what the hell. I enjoyed that pack more than i enjoyed breaking anything modern. in part because it was a dollar, in part because i didnt lose any money, but mostly the cards in it made me grin. It reminded me of begging my mom for packs of cards in the early 90s at the grocery store. how fun it was to get your favorite player or a star, or a rookie. maybe even an insert if you were lucky. Ill be off to the dollar store soon & will be buying more.

I will still collect anything of carl crawford, wil myers & yankee cards, but with a huge emphasis on things that make me smile, yes, even "worthless" cards!

Thanks for reading!
Michael